No display

brikha

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
hi ,
can anyone help me in this matter? my acer compurter got proble.it turns on,all the fans are running and the lights are on but there is no beebs and nothing on the screen.is there anyone that i can get help from?thank you

No beeps means that it is not passing the initial POwerup Self Test (POST). That means that the problem could be anywhere.

In an inexpensive computer such as an Acer, I would first suspect the power supply. Try borrowing a working power supply.

If you can borrow a multimeter, you can measure the power supply pins. Measure between the colored wires and either chassis ground or the black wires. Yellow wires should be 12 volts. Red wires: +5 volts, orange wires: +3.3 volts, blue wire : -12 volts, violet wire: 5 volts always on. Tolerances are +/- 5% except for the -12 volts which is +/- 10%. With the PSU disconnected, the green wire should have 5 volts on it.

The gray wire is really important. It should go from 0 to +5 volts when you turn the PSU on with

the case switch. CPU needs this signal to boot.

Work systematically through our standard checklist and troubleshooting thread:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-read-posting-boot-problems
I mean work through, not just read over it. We spent a lot of time on this. It should find most of the problems.

TRENDING THREADS