ComputerGeek101

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2002
Ok I am looking for a great CD-ROM drive w/ a fantastic burner CD-R CD-RW and a DVD player and a DVD-R DVD-RW they are called like 6 in 1 drives or something does anyone know where you can get these cheap? Thanks!

ath0mps0

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2002
Pioneer makes the best - It is not cheap $600-700 usually, but sometimes less. This is the same drive called the "superdrive" in Macs.

I thought a thought, but the thought I thought wasn't the thought I thought I had thought.

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
Yah, the <A HREF="http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pioneer/CDA/Industrial/IndustrialProductDetails/0,1444,21838,00.html" target="_new">pioneer dvr-a04</A>.

<i>Pioneer's DVR-A04 drive writes and reads DVD-RW, DVD-R, CD-R and CD-RW media, and also reads CD-ROM and DVD-ROM discs. The drive offers up to 4.7GB of storage capacity on a single sided DVD disc. Pioneer's DVR-A04 also provides wider compatibility, higher speeds, lower noise, UDMA33 support and buffer under-run protection for both CD and DVD recording.</i>

:eek: :frown: :mad: :eek: :redface: :cool: :lol: :tongue: :wink: - What do you want to feel today? :)

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
Take a look at the <A HREF="http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html#4.3.1" target="_new">dvd faq</A>.

<i>A big problem is that none of the writable formats are fully compatible with each other or even with existing drives and players. As time goes by they will become more compatible and more intermixed. For example, home video recorders from Pioneer combine DVD-RW and DVD-R, while DVD-R/RW drives from Pioneer can also write to CD-R and CD-RW discs. New DVD-RAM drives also write to DVD-R discs but not to CD-R/RW discs. Toshiba, Panasonic, and others released combination DVD-ROM/CD-RW drives near the end of 1999.</i>

:eek: :frown: :mad: :eek: :redface: :cool: :lol: :tongue: :wink: - What do you want to feel today? :)

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
that compatibility [-peep-] is the only thing that's holding me back from getting the DVD-Burner

This Community is like a Second Family!!

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
Yah, I'll probably wait too, until they have one or two standards before deciding on what to get.