Sign in with
Your question

Is my graphics card sagging bad?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 3, 2013 11:10:48 AM

I got a 7970, and like all graphics cards (well, most) it's starting to sag down due to a lack of support. I came across the HAF X and saw it had something to keep it up, but I would rather buy a cheaper case. Would it be better to get that case so my GPU can be supported? Would it be worth the money?
a b U Graphics card
March 3, 2013 12:34:01 PM

Never heard of a graphic card "sagging." Do you have the screw(s) or the latches on the case that hold it firmly in place secured properly? Do you have your motherboard mounted and lined up properly?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 3, 2013 12:52:30 PM

its never the case that makes the card sag. sagging is not a problem unless you have a card above 11 inches long and more than 4 pounds heavy.

getting a new case wont fix a thing
m
l
Related resources
March 3, 2013 1:11:48 PM

do you have the rear screw which holds the GPU to the back of the case installed......it really shouldnt be sagging...ive never had this problem my 680 is secured and tight and its a pretty big card on a miniatx board.....
m
l
March 3, 2013 10:34:35 PM

It's a Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X so it weighs a decent amount. It's mounted correctly but the thing is that a lot of graphics cards (including this one) sag down due to the only thing holding it up is the board. The HAF X has a thing which you can put it in to hold up a graphics card to prevent it from being out of place, which would help sagging. The thing is that I don't know if it's worth it since I'm not sure if sagging is bad. Any ideas?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 3, 2013 11:20:06 PM

you shouldnt be worried about sagging much. your card isnt nearly as heavy as a asus directcu2 triple slot
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 12, 2013 4:51:05 AM

melikepie said:
It's a Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X so it weighs a decent amount. It's mounted correctly but the thing is that a lot of graphics cards (including this one) sag down due to the only thing holding it up is the board. The HAF X has a thing which you can put it in to hold up a graphics card to prevent it from being out of place, which would help sagging. The thing is that I don't know if it's worth it since I'm not sure if sagging is bad. Any ideas?

What do you mean the only thing holding it up is the board? It should be attached at the back of the computer with 2 screws, or latches, depending on the type of case you have, that holds it securely in place, and would not allow it to sag.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 12, 2013 5:34:41 AM

It wont damage anything but it is common for a large card to bow a little toward the outward rear corner. Just attach a cable tie from the power connector cable to something to anchor upwards.
m
l
!