Crysis 3 GTX 570 SLI

I'm having this particular issue when running Crysis 3 with this rig:

GTX 570 x2
Intel I5 3570k 3.4Ghz
8Gb Ram
Windows 7 64bit

Whatever settings I decide to use, I notice that I can play most of (for example) the first mission with major frame drops.
It's not even like a change of scenery is necessary for that to happen. Even when standing still I get a major frame drop, and suddenly it goes back up and stay fixed there.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
7 answers Last reply
More about crysis
  1. risikoruk said:
    I'm having this particular issue when running Crysis 3 with this rig:

    GTX 570 x2
    Intel I5 3570k 3.4Ghz
    8Gb Ram
    Windows 7 64bit

    Whatever settings I decide to use, I notice that I can play most of (for example) the first mission with major frame drops.
    It's not even like a change of scenery is necessary for that to happen. Even when standing still I get a major frame drop, and suddenly it goes back up and stay fixed there.

    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance


    Hello,

    I have a similar setup with i5-3570k@4.1GHz, and GTX670 SLi, 16 GB Ram, Win8Pro. I have the same issue with framerate drops. I even notice there's not much difference between very High and Medium or Low. They all drop to 20-30 frames randomly. Too much damn grass in that game.

    I recommend you try turning AA off entirely and see if it helps - it helped me. Otherwise, sorry bud, I'm in the same boat.
  2. That sucks... for now, I only read this happening to Nvidia rigs.
  3. Crysis 3 is a very demanding game, even SLI GTX Titan with a 3960X struggles @ 2560x1440p and max setting and 4X MSAA!!
  4. It seems to be affecting most nvidia users. I had a GTX 590 and the FPS drops are annoying, even on lower settings.

    I would recommend contacting support with this... EA will only patch the issue faster, if people complain about it
  5. Lack of memory is my guess, 1.25GB isn't really enough.
  6. jk47 said:
    It seems to be affecting most nvidia users. I had a GTX 590 and the FPS drops are annoying, even on lower settings.

    I would recommend contacting support with this... EA will only patch the issue faster, if people complain about it



    Yeah there are major drops in the game not sure if it drivers or game code, anyway it is an AMD Gaming Evolved title lol
  7. risikoruk said:
    That sucks... for now, I only read this happening to Nvidia rigs.


    Crysis 3 works better with an AMD FX-8350, as it uses all it's cores, there's your problem =P
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Crysis SLI Graphics