Tivo "Personal Television Service" ???

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
April 6, 2005 3:30:19 PM

Decided to watch the Russell Crowe trailer on TiVo of Cinderella Man.
(Even tho I think he's WAY too full of himself.) However, when I click
on it, it comes up with a banner that says "The following program is
produced exclusively for subscribers to the TiVo Personal Television
Service", then after about 10 seconds, it just goes back to the "view
the Trailer line. Whazzup?
April 6, 2005 6:26:28 PM

After reading this post, I tried viewing the trailer on both my TiVo's.
I got the exact same results.

In article <i9U4e.1770$ke2.448@fe04.lga>, Steve Henderson
<shenderson_2@charter.net> wrote:

> Decided to watch the Russell Crowe trailer on TiVo of Cinderella Man.
> (Even tho I think he's WAY too full of himself.) However, when I click
> on it, it comes up with a banner that says "The following program is
> produced exclusively for subscribers to the TiVo Personal Television
> Service", then after about 10 seconds, it just goes back to the "view
> the Trailer line. Whazzup?
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 12:05:42 AM

Dixie wrote:
> After reading this post, I tried viewing the trailer on both my TiVo's.
> I got the exact same results.
>

> In article <i9U4e.1770$ke2.448@fe04.lga>, Steve Henderson
> <shenderson_2@charter.net> wrote:
>

>>Decided to watch the Russell Crowe trailer on TiVo of Cinderella Man.
>>(Even tho I think he's WAY too full of himself.) However, when I click
>>on it, it comes up with a banner that says "The following program is
>>produced exclusively for subscribers to the TiVo Personal Television
>>Service", then after about 10 seconds, it just goes back to the "view
>>the Trailer line. Whazzup?

Ok, then I won't worry about it. Thanks for the reply.

Steve
April 9, 2005 11:25:26 AM

In article <tI%4e.143$YS1.22@fe02.lga>, Steve Henderson wrote:
> Dixie wrote:
>> After reading this post, I tried viewing the trailer on both my TiVo's.
>> I got the exact same results.
>>

>> In article <i9U4e.1770$ke2.448@fe04.lga>, Steve Henderson
>> <shenderson_2@charter.net> wrote:
>>

>>>Decided to watch the Russell Crowe trailer on TiVo of Cinderella Man.
>>>(Even tho I think he's WAY too full of himself.) However, when I click
>>>on it, it comes up with a banner that says "The following program is
>>>produced exclusively for subscribers to the TiVo Personal Television
>>>Service", then after about 10 seconds, it just goes back to the "view
>>>the Trailer line. Whazzup?
>
> Ok, then I won't worry about it. Thanks for the reply.
>
> Steve

I just watched it, no banner. Are you using the free basic service?
Otherwise I have no idea why you got the banner, I'm not subscribed to
anything special.

Looks like a decent flic, if not a bit corny.

Jim
April 9, 2005 1:09:50 PM

It's now 'fixed' and plays correctly.

!