GPU struggles to spin

BlackSandwich

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
The fan on my GPU msi radeonhd 6770 doesn't seem to work properly. It rotates 2 times then stops and repeats. This is preventing me from gaming and causing overheating. Since it still has warranty i'm thinking of sending it back to the store where i purchased my rig, but i'm afraid it will take them more than a week since they have other, more important problems with other peoples computers. So can anyone of you guys help me? I can't seem to find a replacement for the fan. I've removed any dust from the heatsink, so dust is not the problem. I've also made sure it's connected well. So i guess the fan is just in it's last days.

Here is my gpu http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R6770-MD1GD5.html

you have to check up on 2 things. how long store warranty last for and how long manufacturer warranty last for. manufacturer is generally 2-3 year warranty while store is between 1 month to 1 year. after the stores warranty is done, all warranty related issues MUST be dealt with with the manufacturer and not the store.

marshallbradley

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Perhaps show us a picture of your own card which you're having trouble with? Check there's nothing physically blocking the fan from rotating. If it is a problem with the fan, definitely send it back. On most motherboards you can do light gaming on the integrated graphics if worst comes to worst. You don't want to damage it even more by exposing it to excess heat due to insufficient cooling.

M