GTX 280 running hot - fans very very loud

sgj320

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2008
Like alot of ppl at the time I brought the thermal take tsunami dream case. It didn't take long before I regretted it.
I have already used all the fan mounts in the case. MY problem is my system isn't that noisey when I'm not playing a game but sounds like it's about to take off through the roof as soon as I play a game.

I have GTX280. IT runs quite hot. Occasionally it can run as hot as 80 when am not playing a game. I was wondering what GPU fan cooler would you recommend? Or shall I just change the card since it's quite hard now anyway. I don't feel confortable with going with water cooling/. Plus I think it would be difficult with my case since it's fairly small.

Phenom2 955 asus M4A88TD-v EVO usb3

Gate9er

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Well the best thing to do is give your card's a solid clean. There are many youtube videos showing you to clean a gpu from dust inside out (I think it should fix your problem).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6YHcPzCvfg

There is the option of changing your card as well, which will save you time but obviously not money. It's your decision mate! Your choice of changing your card depends on your daily use and of course what games do you play.

Hope this helps!