Buying one of these cards, which is better?

Aleschusta

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Their performance will be very similar. The best one is the ASUS DCII TOP or MSI Twin Frozr. Also, looking at benchmarks, if you don't use 3 monitors setup, the 2 extra GB's in the EVGA version will not be used.

caylerose

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013
about to buy the i7-3930K and get some cas 9 ram.
returning my AMD Eight-Core because i found out its total shjt for gaming.
using 1 monitor
the card im using currently is the GTX 660 TI SC 2nd Edition

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
G

You only need 4gb if you game over 1080p such as me with 2560 x 1600 res or 3 displays. Even then it depends on the game.

caylerose

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013

I looked and it says the memory clock on that one is about 200Mhz less

After reading the reviews, it's clear that the custom PCB and power phases with higher binned chips and a custom cooler really help the card to push higher overclocks and higher turbo boosts. I would be all over that Asus TOP for its high factory overclock, cool temps, and really, really quiet fans,heavily modified PCB, with an efficient VRM design to produce low temperatures, improved voltage regulation circuitry, much better Chil controller , specially binned chip and voltage control and monitoring support that you won't find on most other non-reference cards.The card is a straight beast!

:lol: You get whichever you prefer as for the mobo i am unsure sorry. These are good but cost alot i do not use x79 so maybe wait for another member to help i have built them but never owned one these were the motherboards i used
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131800#top
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131808
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131801

caylerose

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013
I appreciate your constant concern, bigcyco1 - heres whats really going on..

I built this PC, and a game I play gets 33-53FPS when I play it. When I use SLI, instead of getting 80+ FPS, i get 22-28FPS.

The game's community told me I needed a faster processor. I have 10 days left until my return runs out on this new PC.. here are the specs.

AMD FX-8350 EIGHT-CORE 4GHZ 16MB 125W AM3+CPU (oc to 4.4Ghz) (125W)
x2 EVGA Geforce GTX 660 Ti FTW Signature2 2GB GDDR5 cards (450W each)
Kingwin Maximum Power 850W Power Supply
and 2133 x2 8gig Cas 9 RAM along with 1 hd and 1 ssd.

I am thinking if i return the CPU, motherboard, ram, video cards and get the
Intel Core i7-3930K, 16gig 2400 cas10 ram, and one gtx 680 card I wont be having this issue anymore. but is it worth the hassle? it'll all cost me an extra $300 for this change.

the game is planetside2, but i get 375FPS in Dead Space 3.. how on earth could my CPU be so bad? what do you think i should do?

I think it's just like anything else value is in the eye of the beholder.I do not think it's worth buying personally i mean you could get a Core i5 3570K. For those who know me and have me do their builds, they know that it’s just about the best processor you can get for the money today. With plenty of performance, top notch overclocking capability and enough horsepower to run any game you throw at it, the choice is a no brainer.

If your thinking about purchasing a processor with a bit more horsepower for video editing or other multi-threaded applications, be sure to take a look at the Intel Core i7 3770K.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/552?vs=551 <------ Intel Core i7 3930K - 3.2GHz vs Intel Core i7 3770K - 3.5GHz Take a look at that page and look at the gaming benches (middle of that page on down) then take a look at the power consumption under load bench towards the bottom of that page. Now ask yourself what a $570 cpu gets you vs a $330 Then google some benchmarks to see what the benefit is and i think you will see the Core i7 3930K is a waste of money if your build is mostly for gaming.

I do not know that.It's possible.I wouldn't think that AMD FX-8350 would be a issue.If you had any other amd cpu i would say that it's very likely a issue.What is your monitor resolution your playing at?Are you using the newest drivers? There are a few ways you could try and see 1. run Afterburner and check your GPU usage. If you are running at 99% GPU usage in that particular game, then you have no bottleneck. If you are running at less than 99% GPU usage, particularly if its closer to 50% or less in that particular game, then you have a CPU bottleneck.Make sure VSync is off to get a true reading of your potential GPU/CPU load.

TRENDING THREADS