Tags:
  • Security
  • Internet Security
  • Apps
  • Windows 8
Last response: in Windows 8
April 7, 2012 2:23:45 PM

Hello,
I have installed windows 8 consumer version.I have cleanly installed avast internet security 7(windows 8 compatible). But after installing it,avast cannot update(it says it cannot connect to server). Also network apps like Mozilla,chrome,even internet explorer cannot find any page.(as if no internet connection is there;although I have connected to internet).

i have disabled windows defender and windows firewall though.But nothing works.
Strange thing is that after uninstalling avast all apps run normally as usual.
I have tried even Norton internet security(windows 8 compatible).The problem is exactly the same as that of avast.
I WILL BE THANKFUL FOR ANY HELP.

More about : network apps stop working installing avast windows

April 8, 2012 5:34:40 PM

you installed internet security right? try installing the anti-virus version of avast or norton. it might not be as good, but give it whirl.
m
l
April 9, 2012 1:02:48 AM

I have tried that also.But same problem persists :( 
Do you think its a problem of the OS?
Thanks anyway for your suggestion.
m
l
Related resources
April 9, 2012 1:13:30 AM

well there arent many things for the win 8 as of now even if they are compatible for win8 their probably still some flaws left to fix.
m
l
a b * Windows 8
April 9, 2012 1:44:13 AM

So why not use the Microsoft security programs?

If you're concerned about Avast being better which it probably is, then make periodic IMAGES of Windows using Acronis True Image (free if a local/usb Seagate or WD drive is detected.)

But as said, there are going to be issues with Windows 8. Personally I tried it for fun, hated the interface, jumped back to Windows 7 and never looked back.
m
l
April 9, 2012 2:09:21 AM

lookerup said:
well there arent many things for the win 8 as of now even if they are compatible for win8 their probably still some flaws left to fix.

Yeah,I also think so.Just have to wait for the final release.
m
l
April 9, 2012 2:12:36 AM

photonboy said:
So why not use the Microsoft security programs?

If you're concerned about Avast being better which it probably is, then make periodic IMAGES of Windows using Acronis True Image (free if a local/usb Seagate or WD drive is detected.)

But as said, there are going to be issues with Windows 8. Personally I tried it for fun, hated the interface, jumped back to Windows 7 and never looked back.

Yeah,I am now relying on WINDOWS DEFENDER.
Pardon me-I am not aware of the Acronis True Image that you suggested in your last post.
thanks anyway for your post.
m
l
a b 8 Security
a b * Windows 8
April 9, 2012 2:17:50 AM

don't rely on windows defender. at least use Microsoft security essentials. windows defender is no antivirus
m
l
April 9, 2012 11:51:07 AM

unksol said:
don't rely on windows defender. at least use Microsoft security essentials. windows defender is no antivirus

Thanks for your post.
m
l
!