Lost dll file

JDFox

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
Hi.

I am not a real techy, but I get the basics and I can follow instructions. I am in the middle of the Andes mountains...so I need to fix myself.

My PC (Windows 7) today says " There was a problem starting msizqh32.dll The specified module could not be found.

I have looked for the dll file named, but it does not come up in a my searches!!!

So if it does not come up in a google search, what can that mean? it must exist because the error message names it, and yet no search on for example dll-files.com bring it up.

How can I repair without the file?

What to do?

Best wishes

James

JDFox

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
Hi Alexsea

Run...OK
Type in cmd...OK

(operating sys is 64)

so I type in 'regsvr64' OK

but then, I don't understand your instruction! you want me to type 'path and fileName.dll' or you want me to type the path and file name?

I don't know the path ...how can I find it? I have tried searching the PC under the search tool, but it doesn't find it!

Not sure how to proceed now:( . I have tried searching the web for the file. it does not appear anywhere!

Best

J

JDFox

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012

HI Scout.

Virus scan ...yes I have done one. Nothing came up.

I am not sure what to do with the second part of your info. OK..so there is a similar file in win 7....does that mean something? what is GDIEXT? I don't know what you are suggesting. Laymans terms?

JDFox

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
To All

If it were a virus, I would expect it to come up in a web search...telling me what it is...right?

So I am assuming it is not a virus, but something like alexsea is suggesting. An unregistered or lost file.

But where to find it? I can not believe I am the only person who has this file! so why doesn't it come up in a search?

This is very confusing.

Still open to idea

J

JDFox

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
Hi scout. No I have no CD. The PC is a small one (11.3"), so it has no CD drive anyway.

Are you sure that the file is part of system 32? Does that mean part of the operatind system...windows 7?

FYI: The machine is 64bit.

If it is part of the operating system, then it is even stranger that there is nothing on the web about it.

I have been searching for it's path as in alexsea's idea.....but it does not come up on a full C: drive search...so I assume I have accidentally deleted it.

What to do?

J

JDFox

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012

I did try just msizqh some time ago, and yes there are some weird results.

I have not been hit by a virus, I believe my MSAfee stops them.

Do you mean the scan at: http://www.pcfixsoftware.com/32-dll.php?

Best

J

JDFox

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
not su ones are well known...never had to do this before.

The software? on the page in my link, it leads to a download of 'registrybooster.exe

I don't like the idea of downloading some randomn exe file..unless I know it will be a solution, not a route to another problem..at this point, I don't even know what the problem is.

Best

J

JDFox

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012

Hi..I just tries this

The response is:

"The Module "msizqh32.dll" failed to load

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent.DLL files.

The specified module could not be found"

Now what?

Best wishes

J

JDFox

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
Hi All......some progress!!!!

I managed to find the path by going to system configuration, and then acording to the latest suggestion I recieved, I looked in start up programs.

Here is what I found under the start up in system configuration:

Start Up item: MSIDLL

Command C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe msizqh32.dll,DlbkirTT

I tried the instructions from Alexsea, using ' C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe msizqh32.dll,DlbkirTT ' as the path.

It did not solve the problem, but at least the error message changed, so I know I am in the right area: It now says:

The Module " C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.

Make sure that " C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again

So....next steps??

JDFox

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012

MM, thanks for this.

I think when it says Dll OR OCX file, it means Dll in this case, because thjat is the original error message refers to.

Doesn't thjis tell us anything:

Start Up item: MSIDLL

Command C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe msizqh32.dll,DlbkirTT

??

Best

J

JDFox

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
Have you uninstalled some programs on your PC recently? Perhaps the msizqh32.dll file had been deleted by accident. You can download msizqh32.dll online and then re-register it.

1. Click the “Start” button, then “Run”

2. Typ in “cmd” or “command”. Enter regsvr32 “path and FileName.dll” at the DOS command prompt followed by pressing the “enter” key. The path is the actual location of the DLL file or directory on the computer’s hard or networked drive. ( If your operating system is 64- bit, please relace regsvr64 to regsvr32)

3. After the DLL has been successfully registered on the computer, a dialogue box will be displayed confirming registration.

You also can visit http://www.pcerrorfixtip.com to learn more info about the error fix tips.

Hi Alexsea.

You say I can download msizqh32.dll online: where?
I have looked online but have not found it.

I also checked the link you sent. the file is not mentioned on the site either.

Any other ideas?

Best

J