Sign in with
Your question

Is the MSI GTX 670 Power Edition worth it

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 4, 2013 5:38:00 PM

I am thinking about getting a MSI GTX 670 Power Edition.
Is this card worth the money or should I get different 670?
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2013 5:46:36 PM

rajwii64 said:

I would grab that card if I were you. it can OC very high. If you can get 2 of them and SLI them. One of the finest cards on the market. So yes, it is worth it.
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2013 5:48:01 PM

rajwii64 said:

A good alternative would be the ASUS GTX 670 DCUII. I used to own 2 of them and they run pretty quiet and cool, except I had a horrible time with them in SLI mode so I switched to 7970 that now I love tons. What's your PC specs?
Related resources
March 12, 2013 8:04:47 PM

hero1 said:
rajwii64 said:

I would grab that card if I were you. it can OC very high. If you can get 2 of them and SLI them. One of the finest cards on the market. So yes, it is worth it.

hero1 said:
rajwii64 said:

A good alternative would be the ASUS GTX 670 DCUII. I used to own 2 of them and they run pretty quiet and cool, except I had a horrible time with them in SLI mode so I switched to 7970 that now I love tons. What's your PC specs?

Question for hero1, what were the problems you experienced in SLI? I'm on the fence for one of these cards and would most likely go the SLI route later. Thanks
March 12, 2013 8:05:22 PM

hero1 said:
rajwii64 said:

hero1 said:
rajwii64 said:

Question for hero1, what were the problems you experienced in SLI? I'm on the fence for one of these cards and would most likely go the SLI route later. Thanks
a b U Graphics card
March 12, 2013 9:20:20 PM

I had a lot of micro stuttering and heat issues even though at the time I had a Haf XM loaded with fans for positive pressure cooling (2x140mm side fans, 3x120mm front fans) and 2x120mm at the top). I also got a lot of red screen, blue screen and black screen non stop. When I removed the new card everything worked fine, when I SLId I got the glitches again. So I decided to move on and I have no issues with my 7970 in CF. My cards were idling at 49 and 47 each in SLI and would shoot to 80 degrees under stress. My 2 7970 are idling at 33 each and don't go beyond 65 degrees under full load intense gaming.
!