Sign in with
Your question

Buying new GPU

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 4, 2013 6:17:55 PM

I'm thinking of upgrading my PC but I'm not sure if my PSU can handle new GPU. I was thinking in getting Nvidia GTX, which uses quite a lot more watts then my current one. What do u think of Radeon ? What do u think is the best GPU (with DX11) that is better then my current one for the low budget ? How much watts for GPU can my PSU support with this cfg ?

Current cfg:

CPU: E7300 (OC'd to 3.0)
GPU: 8800 GT 512MB
RAM: 4GB DDRII
PSU: 450W
MoBo: AsRock G31M-GS

Thanks in advance

More about : buying gpu

a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2013 7:05:19 PM

Without upgrading your PSU, I would say something like a AMD 7750. But I think you will need at least a 500w PSU for anything bigger. What kind of PSU do you have now..the maker of it?
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2013 7:12:03 PM

Though, you could upgrade your GPU, your CPU is pretty old and weak by today standards. If you are serious about gaming, I wouldn't put anything else into this computer as it is considered a money pit now. Save up some cash and build a 600-700 dollar PC.
Related resources
March 5, 2013 12:20:15 AM

barto said:
Though, you could upgrade your GPU, your CPU is pretty old and weak by today standards. If you are serious about gaming, I wouldn't put anything else into this computer as it is considered a money pit now. Save up some cash and build a 600-700 dollar PC.

Agreed, I had an AMD athlon x2 black edition years ago and decided to get a GTX 275. Long story short a simple game like CoD4 stuttered like crazy and my CPU was at 100% the whole time trying to keep up with my GPU. Heaven forbid this guy get any graphics card thats modern as your intel dual core will make your gaming experience worse than before.

SAVE THE MONEY FOR A NEW RIG please :) 
a b U Graphics card
March 5, 2013 10:50:24 AM

SHIELDHEAD said:
Agreed, I had an AMD athlon x2 black edition years ago and decided to get a GTX 275. Long story short a simple game like CoD4 stuttered like crazy and my CPU was at 100% the whole time trying to keep up with my GPU. Heaven forbid this guy get any graphics card thats modern as your intel dual core will make your gaming experience worse than before.

SAVE THE MONEY FOR A NEW RIG please :) 

I know this is against the rules, but Go Flyers.
March 5, 2013 11:22:54 AM

well you should go for hd 7750 it is good and u can get acceptable framerates.....
!