HK AVR85 receiver problem

I have a HK AVR85 surround sound receiver. The volume isn't
working correctly anymore. It is Either of two settings. Very low
volume or BLARING loud. Its variable adjustment doesn't work at this
moment. I tried to see if the microprocessor would reset after 2 hours
by unplugging it, but it didn't. Is resetting the micro processor the
answer, and if so, how is that done on this model? Thanks in advance.
3 answers Last reply
More about avr85 receiver problem

    Unlikely any "reset" is going to fix this. It has a real live problem, and
    needs a real repair job. Some bad IC or other I would imagine. If it's not
    worth spending possibly up to 150.00 or so on the repair, you might consider
    replacement.

    Mark Z.

    "Juan" <user@att.com> wrote in message
    >I have a HK AVR85 surround sound receiver. The volume isn't
    > working correctly anymore. It is Either of two settings. Very low
    > volume or BLARING loud. Its variable adjustment doesn't work at this
    > moment. I tried to see if the microprocessor would reset after 2 hours
    > by unplugging it, but it didn't. Is resetting the micro processor the
    > answer, and if so, how is that done on this model? Thanks in advance.

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:00:34 -0600, "Mark D. Zacharias"
    <mzacharias@yis.us> wrote:

    >Unlikely any "reset" is going to fix this. It has a real live problem, and
    >needs a real repair job. Some bad IC or other I would imagine. If it's not
    >worth spending possibly up to 150.00 or so on the repair, you might consider
    >replacement.
    >
    >Mark Z.
    >

    >"Juan" <user@att.com> wrote in message
    >>I have a HK AVR85 surround sound receiver. The volume isn't
    >> working correctly anymore. It is Either of two settings. Very low
    >> volume or BLARING loud. Its variable adjustment doesn't work at this
    >> moment. I tried to see if the microprocessor would reset after 2 hours
    >> by unplugging it, but it didn't. Is resetting the micro processor the
    >> answer, and if so, how is that done on this model? Thanks in advance.

    Thank you.
    Probably good for target practice.

    > On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:00:34 -0600, "Mark D. Zacharias"
    > <mzacharias@yis.us> wrote:
    >
    >>Unlikely any "reset" is going to fix this. It has a real live problem, and
    >>needs a real repair job. Some bad IC or other I would imagine. If it's not
    >>worth spending possibly up to 150.00 or so on the repair, you might
    >>consider
    >>replacement.
    >>
    >>Mark Z.
    >>

    >>"Juan" <user@att.com> wrote in message
    >>>I have a HK AVR85 surround sound receiver. The volume isn't
    >>> working correctly anymore. It is Either of two settings. Very low
    >>> volume or BLARING loud. Its variable adjustment doesn't work at this
    >>> moment. I tried to see if the microprocessor would reset after 2 hours
    >>> by unplugging it, but it didn't. Is resetting the micro processor the
    >>> answer, and if so, how is that done on this model? Thanks in advance.
    >>>

    > Thank you.
    > Probably good for target practice.

    There's always eBay. Might get a few bucks for it.

    Mark Z.

Audio Processors