MN-700 and IPSec

Is there any trick to enabling connection to an IPSec VPN
when behind the base station? I was unable to connect
when using teh base statin, but when directly on the
internet everything was fine.

Thanks,
Jon

Hi,

That's strange the MN-700 supports VPN Pass-through for client devices using
VPN with
PPTP, L2TP, or IPSec. Have you tried enabling the DMZ host through the Base
Station Management tool on the ip address of your machine?

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Jon Oestermeyer" <jon@wiredmatrix.com> wrote in message
> Is there any trick to enabling connection to an IPSec VPN
> when behind the base station? I was unable to connect
> when using teh base statin, but when directly on the
> internet everything was fine.
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

I was able to connect with the DMZ host, but doesn't that
open me up to security issues??

Thanks for your help,
Jon

I am also having problems with IPSEC. I have been working
fine using the DMZ but recently it quit working and won't
allow me to connect to the VPN, the internet is fine. I
have spent the intial 2 hours with the first line of MS
support and I guess I have been escallated but no one has
called for a day so I am sitting here screwed. Are there
ports I can open up or should I just go buy a Linksys like
everone says I should. There has got to be a way to open
this MN 700 up.

Chris