Sign in with
Your question

ML110 G6 HP LAN adapter doesn't work with TPLink 24 port (layer 2)

Last response: in Networking
April 11, 2012 4:33:58 AM

hey
my hp proliant g6 (ml 110) was setup correctly _ win server 2008 r2 on a simple Domain network.
i try to make a connection between my hp local ethernet port (1/mgmt) and main TPLink 24 port in my lan but it hasn't reaction!
also i checked the lan adapter with a laptop and it has reaction with that,i checked it with a Dlink 10/100/1000 on my HP server with the LAN Hub (tplink 24 port) and it works too!
what is my problem with my HP lan adapter?!
has it problem with layer 2 hubs? pls lead me. :( 
a b X LAN
a b α HP
April 12, 2012 4:50:14 PM

does it have a static IP?
m
l
April 15, 2012 3:38:50 AM

Dear Emerald thanks for reply.
i found it , infact i found it in it user guide with this title : " *Default bus assignment (in decimal). Inserting cards with PCI bridges may alter the actual bus assignment number.
** Slots are enumerated differently based on OS. MS OS's enumerate from lowest to highest Device ID by bus (starting with the
lowest bus). "
i inserted a DLink 10/100/1000 LAN adapter in the PCI Express and it changed the bus assignment numbers!
---> i removed the Dlink and reinstall hp nc107i pci express gigabit driver's!
it solved! :hello: 
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 6, 2012 10:39:37 AM

smartskiller said:
Dear Emerald thanks for reply.
i found it , infact i found it in it user guide with this title : " *Default bus assignment (in decimal). Inserting cards with PCI bridges may alter the actual bus assignment number.
** Slots are enumerated differently based on OS. MS OS's enumerate from lowest to highest Device ID by bus (starting with the
lowest bus). "
i inserted a DLink 10/100/1000 LAN adapter in the PCI Express and it changed the bus assignment numbers!
---> i removed the Dlink and reinstall hp nc107i pci express gigabit driver's!
it solved! :hello: 

"i removed the Dlink and reinstall hp nc107i pci express gigabit driver's! "

so?

reinstall to PCI card and problem solved? Two interface with together working?
m
l
May 6, 2012 12:14:27 PM

Quote:
"i removed the Dlink and reinstall hp nc107i pci express gigabit driver's! "

so?

reinstall to PCI card and problem solved? Two interface with together working?

dunno , btw it solved when i removed the Dlink and re-installed the PCI express (onboard) ... it solved
2 interfaces are working together now.
m
l
!