Is this the right card for me / New card install preparations

Travis4261

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
1. So I have narrowed my search down to this very highly rated card and a company I personally Like/Trust. Before I shell out the $250.00 I'd like to get some feedback as to if there is a better card or any thing I should consider before I buy this IE motherboard incompatibilities, power supply issues just stuff you might think of that I have not.

The Card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150605&RandomID=9393168409818220130304162609

2. I am also looking for ideas about what I should do to prep installing this card I had a hell of a time switching from an Nvida to the card I am currently using because I did not uninstall the drivers correctly or something, IE any programs I should use to wipe my PC of drivers before hand tips, tricks ect.

3. General ideas on my system as a whole things I might want to look at upgrading in the near future, thoughts opinions ect.

Current build created Feb 2011, Budget $900~

OS - Windows 7 Ultimate
Case - Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX
MB - ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX
CPU - AMD Phenom II 965 Black Edition 3.4Ghz
PSU - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
RAM - G-Skill Ripjaw Series 4GB DDR3 1600 x4 (16GB)
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200 1.5TB
GPU - XFX Radeon HD 4850
Display - ASUS MS238 23'' LED (Primary)
Display - VIZIO E-Series 60” Razor LED™ E601i-A3 (Secondary)

Solution
I'm not really getting your whole idea of your post lol but here's my opinion. The card you chose is fine and will run any game out there today at very high settings. Personally from my video card buying experience I like to get the most up to date product that way I end up saving money in the long run since I only need to upgrade every 3 yrs or so.

This would be my choice if you want an AMD and can give another ~$60

About your current rig... The only thing you might want to look at replacing next is the CPU but it can stay for another year or two. From past experience when you keep upgrading your gpu and not your cpu it results in a huge bottleneck and stuttering in all your games!

SHIELDHEAD

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
I'm not really getting your whole idea of your post lol but here's my opinion. The card you chose is fine and will run any game out there today at very high settings. Personally from my video card buying experience I like to get the most up to date product that way I end up saving money in the long run since I only need to upgrade every 3 yrs or so.

This would be my choice if you want an AMD and can give another ~$60

About your current rig... The only thing you might want to look at replacing next is the CPU but it can stay for another year or two. From past experience when you keep upgrading your gpu and not your cpu it results in a huge bottleneck and stuttering in all your games!

Solution