New Computer - Graphics Problem - Flickering Polygons

whale5676

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Hello,

Hey guys! I'm having some trouble with a new computer that I built yesterday. There are flickering polygons surrounding any area of the screen with moving picture. It is hard for me to tell what component of the computer is creating the problem, since I only have one monitor and all of the connections that are made anywhere in the computer seem solid.

Here's a video of the problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WozfGinK-0

Thanks!

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660ti
Monitor: ViewSonic HDTV (I forget the specifics but I can dig them up if needed)

These two are connected by a HDMI cable

I can list any more components if necessary.

SHIELDHEAD

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
This can be a multitude of issues, but here are a few that have happened to me.

1) Reseat the graphics card is a new pci-e slot and try switching the power cables to different ones. Make sure the graphics card is in ALL THE WAY!

2) Reinstall the nvidia drivers and make sure to do a completely clean uninstall. ie: Uninstall from control panel then use driver sweeper. Also choose custom install on the reinstall and make sure to check the "Clean install" box.

3) Last would be to try contacting EVGA tech support and seeing if you have a defective card. EVGA has great tech support so please use it!

**Also is your power supply of sufficient wattage and have enough amps on the +12V rail?