Sign in with
Your question
Closed

GPU-Z Questions (New Card!)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 5, 2013 2:21:53 AM

Hey all,

So I installed my first ever post-build GPU (RADEON HD 7970), and I think Im still alive !

The card seems to be working great, the Game that I could run meh at best at 30FPS now runs the 60FPS HD version nearly flawless (even with HD recording on, and I dont even have my SSD yet!).

Im noticing some "tearing" going through the screen occasionally however, just looks like a transparent wave moving up the screen. Ive heard this can have something to do with the refresh rates? My Catalyst is 13.1 but I dont know if that means my card is up to date.

GPU-Z seems ok, this is a SS during the game: http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/4043/43423923.png

I notice that VDDC is not constant, is that a problem? It seems to drop occasionally for a quick second.

I am a noob however, so how does this look. (My PSU is 750w)

Thanks!

More about : gpu questions card

Best solution

a c 91 U Graphics card
March 5, 2013 2:28:58 AM

that's normal for VDDC, the tiny drops are fine.

out of curiosity, what brand/model is your PSU? some are much more reliable than others. though with a 750w you should be good (but we can point you toward the better brands for a future purchase :] )
March 5, 2013 2:35:38 AM

vmem said:
that's normal for VDDC, the tiny drops are fine.

out of curiosity, what brand/model is your PSU? some are much more reliable than others. though with a 750w you should be good (but we can point you toward the better brands for a future purchase :] )

Thanks for the quick response,

My PSU is FSP750-80APG , it came with the original FX6840-01c (my original computer before upgrades). It has never caused me any problems that I know of, but I doubt it is anything special haha.

Ive thought of upgrading it, but a unit that could fry all my other stuff seems a bit intimidating ^.^ so Ill probably do it once I notice problems.
Score
Related resources
a c 91 U Graphics card
March 5, 2013 2:42:07 AM

ahh, so it's an OEM PSU from a manufacturer. while these tend to be OK, they're mostly mid-tier. of course it's not problematic to just stick with it for now.

for your future upgrade, the brands currently at the top of the market are Antec, Corsair, Seasonic. as well as a few specific models from other manufacturers. here's a link to some good resources:

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx
Score
March 5, 2013 2:44:37 AM

Thank you for all the help and advice ! I will bookmark that page for future ref :) 
Score
March 5, 2013 2:45:04 AM

Best answer selected by ptonjalken.
Score
!