Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Healthy Eating/Exercise Plan- Goal for 20kgs Weight Loss

Tags:
Last response: in Sports & Wellness
September 23, 2012 10:57:10 PM

Hey Community!

I used to be very active. Played tons of sport and now since having finished school and got a real job, I have fallen of the horse and gained what i deem to be considerbale weight. I was wondering if any one out there has had the same problem and if you have any suggestions for a controlled eating plan and/or an exercise regime for around 20kgs weight loss. I just really want to keep the missus happy and be able to go to the beach again with out the love handles.

Hopefully someone can help!

Thank you!

Matt
November 30, 2012 4:27:49 AM

Its as simple as calories in, calories out. This is my 3rd time losing 15kg from bulking and im 17. Make sure u hit all your bodyparts in the gym 3-4 sessions in the week so u dont lose a significant amount of muscle (dont ignore this). Then, signup on myfitnesspal online, track all your foods so you hit your macros (go for a 40/40/20 ratio, Protein/carbs/fat)
December 20, 2012 5:08:44 PM

Exercising close to every day would be a great step. If you're the type of person who enjoys lifting or cardio (the things that are for fitness but not really a sport on their own), try to do those as often as you can. If you hate the sorta "gym exercise" try to get involved with a sport you enjoy.

Eating healthy is also tremendously beneficial. I wouldn't suggest trying to follow any strict diet, but try to cut out nearly everything that is obviously junk. Try to minimize refined sugars and fried foods as much as possible.

Best of Luck!
January 16, 2013 6:40:53 AM

Remember that your body is a bio-organic machine that requires X amount of fuel to proform BASIC tasks all day. If you work a desk job(like myself) and sit around all day, then your required bottom line calorie count will be lower. If you are on the opposite blue collar spectrum of that(like contruction) then you will require more calories.

Losing weight is simply taking in less calories then your body needs for the day, thus it will take from it's natural storage of fat and burn some off for energy. Naturally the harder you work and/or workout daily, the more energy you use and the more that your body requires.

A healthy diet is much needed during any heavy vigorus work lifestyles. A good mix of whole grains and fiber, protiens, healthy fats and some dairy. Not to mention a bundle of vitamins and minerals that you can obtain from various vegitables.

So basically, eat smaller portions, but foods that are higher in fiber(which helps you feel "full")
excersie more(cardio is the fastest way to drop weight)
most important i think, DON'T GIVE UP WHEN YOU START.

I went from being 6'1'' 255lbs to 6'1'' 195lbs and proudly serving in the United States armed forces, basically by following those guidelines and a heck of a lot of hard work and dedication.
February 22, 2013 2:06:15 AM

My advice ignore the idea of "diets" and just change the way you eat when it comes to food. Doesn't have to be big drastic steps but going from junk food to actual home cooked meals which are healthy are a big step. I say healthy, but you don't have to go the far end of the spectrum and go to the point where your counting calories and all nutrition intake. But having a vague idea of this stuff and how to substitute things which are unhealthy for healthier things will make a difference.

Some of the people I know just loved burritos but what they kept adding to it made it quite unhealthy for them. What they ended up doing was change a few key ingredients to make it healthier for them, such as take out refried beans if I remember and swapped to a specific type of bean, and take out the sour cream. And started experimenting with different things. What they ended up with was something that tasted better and was better for them to eat. As they swapped out what was unhealthy and put in more healthy things in it. And they paid attention to how it was prepared to get the most out of nutrients in the fruits/vegetables.

When it comes to eating it is better to eat in small portions several times throughout the day than large meals. Hard to do for some of us (I know I have a hard time doing it). But it is also important to eat your food slowly so you have time to feel yourself to fill up instead of eating everything in one gulp than feel full after you ate more than you would have otherwise. And DO NOT NEGLECT BREAKFAST it helps your body start the day and helps boast your metabolism for the day.

For me in the last 2months I changed my diet to more of home cooked meals and I can tell you I can't eat what I used to eat. What used to taste good for me tastes horrible as I can taste nothing but salt/sugar in a lot of store bought food and fast foods. A pack of pre-packaged lunch meat tastes like a bag of salt to me now that I am accustomed to actual food. So I probably dropped 15lbs in the last 6weeks and it wasn't my goal it just kind of happened, definately not complaining though.

Also a good idea to get into a workout routine or something you enjoy doing for sport. And keep up with it eventually you hit a point where when you skip a day it just bugs you and you want to work out. And muscle weighs more than fat so don't be surprise at weight gain. But that very same muscle helps you lose fat by burning calories. So don't ignore the strength training portion of your exercise its just as important as cardio. And switch up your routines every now and than so your body doesn't get used to it so you keep improving. And sometimes you feel like your body just needs a few days off from working out, go ahead and take it but resume it. I know which me this happens after 6-8weeks of intense exercise I hit that point where my body just needs rest or I am just useless while working out.

So my last bit of advice, take your scale and put it in the closet/throw it away/etc. As muscle weighs more than fat the scale will deceive you of your progress. As it will only measure your weight and not what you have truely done in terms of your health. Try measuring yourself in how you feel, not by that. This is not to sound cryptic but you will know what I mean if you stick to it for a few weeks.
March 7, 2013 11:18:10 AM

Healthy eating and regular exercise plan both are necessary to burn the excessive fat and maintain healthy body weight.
If you take a good weight loss diet plan but don't go for workout then you can't lose your unwanted weight.
On the other hand if you do regular exercise but don't avoid from junk and fast foods then you can't get your desired fitness level.
April 18, 2013 3:17:39 AM

Well losing weight, is simply taking in less calories then your body needs for the day thus it will take from it's natural, storage of fat and burn some off for energy. So if you want to reduce the weight drink nine to ten glass of water every day. Eat fresh vegetables and fresh fruits.Do exercise regularly.
July 31, 2013 2:20:16 AM

That's complete fun mate,You are doing perfect that can help you a lot in achieving your goal.
You should follow the advises given by other members they are tremendous and can help you a lot.

EMR NEWS
!