Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

network transfring???

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 9:48:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

I have TIVO and am trying to transfer via a wireless network at home. It is
slow as pond water!!!! any ideas on where i can go for help on this??


THanks in advance

More about : network transfring

Anonymous
April 17, 2005 2:55:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

In article <ZCg8e.50$Xg.8@okepread02>, John Gardner wrote:
> I have TIVO and am trying to transfer via a wireless network at home. It is
> slow as pond water!!!! any ideas on where i can go for help on this??

That's to be expected - your situation isn't abnormal.

The best alternative to speed things up is to hack your TiVo so you can
copy shows off unencrypted (the encryption is what really slows down the
transfer of shows off the TiVo).
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 3:41:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

In article <ZCg8e.50$Xg.8@okepread02>,
"John Gardner" <jfgardner@cox.net> wrote:

> I have TIVO and am trying to transfer via a wireless network at home. It is
> slow as pond water!!!! any ideas on where i can go for help on this??
>
>
> THanks in advance

Need more information on what you're transferring with what equipment.
Related resources
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 1:55:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

On 2005-04-16 18:48:25 -0400, "John Gardner" <jfgardner@cox.net> said:

> I have TIVO and am trying to transfer via a wireless network at home.
> It is slow as pond water!!!! any ideas on where i can go for help on
> this??
>
>
> THanks in advance

I have my Tivo on a wireless network and it is very fast. Maybe it is
your wireless router
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 5:53:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:55:36 -0000, Mike Hunt wrote:

> In article <ZCg8e.50$Xg.8@okepread02>, John Gardner wrote:
>> I have TIVO and am trying to transfer via a wireless network at home. It is
>> slow as pond water!!!! any ideas on where i can go for help on this??
>
> That's to be expected - your situation isn't abnormal.
>
> The best alternative to speed things up is to hack your TiVo so you can
> copy shows off unencrypted (the encryption is what really slows down the
> transfer of shows off the TiVo).

Are there any hacks for the Series 2 Tivo's?
The ones I find are for Series 1.

URLs would be appreciated!
April 18, 2005 8:58:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

* Sensor Man Wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:

> On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:55:36 -0000, Mike Hunt wrote:
>
>> In article <ZCg8e.50$Xg.8@okepread02>, John Gardner wrote:
>>> I have TIVO and am trying to transfer via a wireless network at
>>> home. It is slow as pond water!!!! any ideas on where i can go
>>> for help on this??
>>
>> That's to be expected - your situation isn't abnormal.
>>
>> The best alternative to speed things up is to hack your TiVo so
>> you can copy shows off unencrypted (the encryption is what really
>> slows down the transfer of shows off the TiVo).
>
> Are there any hacks for the Series 2 Tivo's?
> The ones I find are for Series 1.
>
> URLs would be appreciated!
>

Plenty for Series 2 AND Dtivos.

http://alt.org/wiki/index.php/TivoHackingLinks

--
David
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 4:08:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:58:38 GMT, SINNER wrote:

>> Are there any hacks for the Series 2 Tivo's?
>> The ones I find are for Series 1.
>>
>> URLs would be appreciated!
>>
>
> Plenty for Series 2 AND Dtivos.
>
> http://alt.org/wiki/index.php/TivoHackingLinks

Thanks!
April 27, 2005 5:38:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

Out of curiosity.. what do you consider
'very fast' ?

thanx!

jeff

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:55:29 -0400, Noah Body <NoahBody@invisible.net>
wrote:
>
>I have my Tivo on a wireless network and it is very fast. Maybe it is
>your wireless router


----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 8:35:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

jeff wrote:
> Out of curiosity.. what do you consider
> 'very fast' ?
>
> thanx!
>

I get about 2 meg per second on a hardwired home network with an HDVR2
DirecTivo.
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 8:56:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

jeff wrote:
> Out of curiosity.. what do you consider
> 'very fast' ?
>
> thanx!
>

I get about 2 meg per second on a hardwired home network with an HDVR2
DirecTivo.
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 9:00:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

2 meg is nothing to sneeze at.... not to bad really. Thats alot faster
than most downloads off of the net.

On 27 Apr 2005 16:56:20 -0700, relaxification@hotmail.com wrote:

>
>jeff wrote:
>> Out of curiosity.. what do you consider
>> 'very fast' ?
>>
>> thanx!
>>
>
>I get about 2 meg per second on a hardwired home network with an HDVR2
>DirecTivo.
May 10, 2005 10:12:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

Well I can do about 6-8 mbps depending on if its hardwired, or a
wireless (b) connection, and that seems painfully slow to me.. and
ya.. I freely admit to being spoiled! :) 

Interesting side note.. I tried out a g adapter (Netgear WG111) on
both my series 2 tivos and it cut me back to less than 2 mbps... I get
around 6 with a linksys wusb-12 b adapter. Strange... but true!

jeff

On Wed, 04 May 2005 05:00:25 GMT, dont@know.com wrote:

>2 meg is nothing to sneeze at.... not to bad really. Thats alot faster
>than most downloads off of the net.
>
>On 27 Apr 2005 16:56:20 -0700, relaxification@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>>
>>jeff wrote:
>>> Out of curiosity.. what do you consider
>>> 'very fast' ?
>>>
>>> thanx!
>>>
>>
>>I get about 2 meg per second on a hardwired home network with an HDVR2
>>DirecTivo.


----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
!