That is only an update. You need the original drivers for that to work. Below is what Creative told me...
Please try the following:
INSTALL THE APPLICATIONS AND THE SBLIVE XP UPDATE
1. Go to www. americas.creative.com, and download the following:
This is a Sound Blaster Live! Windows 2000/XP Driver Update
Revision: Revision 1
Date: 11/29/01 Size: 9.28 MB
2. Make sure you log in as the system administrator (not a user with admin rights)
3. Make sure you close out of all background programs
4. Put your original Creative installation CD into your CDROM drive
5. Go to Start > Run
6. Type the following in the box: (where D:\ is your cdrom drive)
7. Hit OK, to run the program
8. Choose a custom install.
9. Unselect Creative Launcher (not compatible with XP)
10. Finish the software installation
11. Now run the XP update (SBLiveXPDrvUpdate.exe). It will install the latest XP drivers, and patch your Creative applications to work properly with XP.
have you solve your problem? I face the same problem with u!! I installed my original software for win98 to winxp, then run the update files downloaded from sb web site. But it return "no sound card found!".
I try to extract it to a folder and update driver frm it, but still the same.. no sound from my system.
I had a similair problem too. my audigy just would not install. I had a month long email chat with their tech "support" until I got fed up and just bought a turtle beach santa cruz which installed absolutely flawlessly.
I had a creative sb live disc that came with my computer. I recently reformated my computer, and i cant find the disc, so i had to update the driver in the device manager. I have sound on my computer, but i don't have the stereo mixer software, that lets me add trusound and use equalizers. I've spend endless hours trying to find that software. every site that has it for download makes you download and install an update driver before can download the software. once it scans your computer for out of date drivers, in order to update them, you have to register with a credit card! so theres no way around it.