Damn slow on start up

viswanath608

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Hello, i'm using windows 7 operating system, on start up (since "Operating Systems is loading..." on black screen). My configuration -

AMD Phenom II x2 550 black edition processor

4GB DDR3 Ram

1TB seagate Hard Disk

Nvidia GTS 450 DDR5 graphics card

Gigabyte MA74GMT-S2 motherboard

Since 1 month it's slow I've give a lots of tries to make it fast like installing tuneup utilities and defragmented the system, clean up the disks nothing work it's still slow on start up so, yesterday (28/3/2012) i've re-installed the Windows 7, but, no use still same it's slow on start up (since "Operating Systems is loading..." on black screen) but here after i logged into windows it's taking 10 mins and then pc is normal. Please help me to fix this issue. Thanks in advance.

-Viswanath.

Solution
hey

Go to "start > msconfig > boot tab > advanced options" tick "number of processors" box and select the highest number, do the same with the "maximum memory" box.

Also, disable the GUI by ticking the "No GUI Boot" box.

This will speed your startup time up.

silverliquicity

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
hey

Go to "start > msconfig > boot tab > advanced options" tick "number of processors" box and select the highest number, do the same with the "maximum memory" box.

Also, disable the GUI by ticking the "No GUI Boot" box.

This will speed your startup time up.

Solution

silverliquicity

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
yes, although you could simply increase the pageing file until you get mroe physical ram.

"right click my computer > properties > advanced system settings > settings tab under performance > advanced".

There will be a button called "change". Select "custom size" and make both box's "5000".

Paging file is a space on the HDD that is used as ram, it is much slower so physical ram is better, but this will speed your computer up as a whole.