T610 Screen Flicker

Hi

I've just bought a brand new T610 (mutts nutts) and have noticed that
there is a slight screen flicker when loading WAP images or changing
menus or charging. Is this a normal 'feature' or a possible fault. It
seems that it is doing it when there is a high current drain on the
battery hence the screen 'struggles' a bit.

Chris P Bacon
5 answers Last reply
More about t610 screen flicker

    "Chris P Bacon" <anyone@freeserve.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I've just bought a brand new T610 (mutts nutts) and have noticed that
    > there is a slight screen flicker when loading WAP images or changing
    > menus or charging. Is this a normal 'feature' or a possible fault. It
    > seems that it is doing it when there is a high current drain on the
    > battery hence the screen 'struggles' a bit.
    >
    > Chris P Bacon

    It's by design: the screen is STN passive matrix (hence "flickers" on
    refreshing).

    Resolved on the T630 I believe.

    Hope this helps,

    --
    Antz,
    Part of the UKtm family.

    ---
    This message is certified Virus Free.

    ">-©LuVbuG©-<" <anthony_deadabo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Chris P Bacon" <anyone@freeserve.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I've just bought a brand new T610 (mutts nutts) and have noticed that
    > > there is a slight screen flicker when loading WAP images or changing
    > > menus or charging. Is this a normal 'feature' or a possible fault. It
    > > seems that it is doing it when there is a high current drain on the
    > > battery hence the screen 'struggles' a bit.
    > >
    > > Chris P Bacon
    >
    > It's by design: the screen is STN passive matrix (hence "flickers" on
    > refreshing).
    >
    > Resolved on the T630 I believe.
    >
    > Hope this helps,

    I've also noticed that it seems to affect non-standard themes more than the
    ones included with the phone...
    --
    Cheers, Steve.
    If The Good Lord had meant for us to be fiscally prudent, He would not have

    "Steve Dulieu" <steve.dulieu@greenyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I've also noticed that it seems to affect non-standard themes more than
    the
    > ones included with the phone...

    True.

    High contrast colours contribute more to the problem. If you've ever seen a
    Series 40 Nokia with a high contrast wallpaper, you'll know what I'm talking
    about.

    --
    Antz,
    Part of the UKtm family.

    ---
    This message is certified Virus Free.

    On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 17:54:19 +0100, ">-©LuVbuG©-<"
    <anthony_deadabo@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >"Steve Dulieu" <steve.dulieu@greenyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> I've also noticed that it seems to affect non-standard themes more than
    >the
    >> ones included with the phone...
    >
    >True.
    >
    >High contrast colours contribute more to the problem. If you've ever seen a
    >Series 40 Nokia with a high contrast wallpaper, you'll know what I'm talking
    >about.

    thanks all

    "Chris P Bacon" <anyone@freeserve.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I've just bought a brand new T610 (mutts nutts) and have noticed that
    > there is a slight screen flicker when loading WAP images or changing
    > menus or charging. Is this a normal 'feature' or a possible fault. It
    > seems that it is doing it when there is a high current drain on the
    > battery hence the screen 'struggles' a bit.
    >
    > Chris P Bacon

    It happens on a lot of phones. T300 and t610 for sure. It happens with
    games mostly.

    ---
    Update your PC at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Ericsson Wireless Access