T610 Screen Flicker

Last response: in Brands
April 8, 2004 2:06:58 PM

Hi

I've just bought a brand new T610 (mutts nutts) and have noticed that
there is a slight screen flicker when loading WAP images or changing
menus or charging. Is this a normal 'feature' or a possible fault. It
seems that it is doing it when there is a high current drain on the
battery hence the screen 'struggles' a bit.

Chris P Bacon

More about : t610 screen flicker

Anonymous
April 8, 2004 6:46:22 PM

"Chris P Bacon" <anyone@freeserve.com> wrote in message
news:D a5a70hvfcnopvisfrgeu19r12f52lvpjb@4ax.com...
> Hi
>
> I've just bought a brand new T610 (mutts nutts) and have noticed that
> there is a slight screen flicker when loading WAP images or changing
> menus or charging. Is this a normal 'feature' or a possible fault. It
> seems that it is doing it when there is a high current drain on the
> battery hence the screen 'struggles' a bit.
>
> Chris P Bacon

It's by design: the screen is STN passive matrix (hence "flickers" on
refreshing).

Resolved on the T630 I believe.

Hope this helps,

--
Antz,
Part of the UKtm family.

---
This message is certified Virus Free.
April 8, 2004 6:48:12 PM

">-©LuVbuG©-<" <anthony_deadabo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Chris P Bacon" <anyone@freeserve.com> wrote in message
> news:D a5a70hvfcnopvisfrgeu19r12f52lvpjb@4ax.com...
> > Hi
> >
> > I've just bought a brand new T610 (mutts nutts) and have noticed that
> > there is a slight screen flicker when loading WAP images or changing
> > menus or charging. Is this a normal 'feature' or a possible fault. It
> > seems that it is doing it when there is a high current drain on the
> > battery hence the screen 'struggles' a bit.
> >
> > Chris P Bacon
>
> It's by design: the screen is STN passive matrix (hence "flickers" on
> refreshing).
>
> Resolved on the T630 I believe.
>
> Hope this helps,

I've also noticed that it seems to affect non-standard themes more than the
ones included with the phone...
--
Cheers, Steve.
If The Good Lord had meant for us to be fiscally prudent, He would not have

"Steve Dulieu" <steve.dulieu@greenyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I've also noticed that it seems to affect non-standard themes more than
the
> ones included with the phone...

True.

High contrast colours contribute more to the problem. If you've ever seen a
Series 40 Nokia with a high contrast wallpaper, you'll know what I'm talking
about.

--
Antz,
Part of the UKtm family.

---
This message is certified Virus Free.
April 9, 2004 1:39:03 AM

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 17:54:19 +0100, ">-©LuVbuG©-<"
<anthony_deadabo@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Steve Dulieu" <steve.dulieu@greenyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> I've also noticed that it seems to affect non-standard themes more than
>the
>> ones included with the phone...
>
>True.
>
>High contrast colours contribute more to the problem. If you've ever seen a
>Series 40 Nokia with a high contrast wallpaper, you'll know what I'm talking
>about.

thanks all
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 3:10:50 AM

"Chris P Bacon" <anyone@freeserve.com> wrote in message
news:D a5a70hvfcnopvisfrgeu19r12f52lvpjb@4ax.com...
> Hi
>
> I've just bought a brand new T610 (mutts nutts) and have noticed that
> there is a slight screen flicker when loading WAP images or changing
> menus or charging. Is this a normal 'feature' or a possible fault. It
> seems that it is doing it when there is a high current drain on the
> battery hence the screen 'struggles' a bit.
>
> Chris P Bacon

It happens on a lot of phones. T300 and t610 for sure. It happens with
games mostly.

---
Update your PC at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com