looking at getting tv tuner card

G

i am not sure what tv tuner card is best for me
running amd 2000+ with 256mb and windows xp
i have a max budget of $210
looked at possibly a Pinnacle Studio PCTV - TV Tuner, AVI Capture, Virtual VCR $208.00 from concorde computers (bris, Qld, Aus)

i all want is to be able to watch tv and tape shows with the possiblity of having a digtial tv card depending on price. would like teletext with it. must be stero.
looking at pci card

thanks heaps

FatBurger

Illustrious
A friend told me about a good Leadtek card he saw at Fry's for $99 with a remote. Can't remember much about it, but you should be able to find it on their site.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

nbo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I am trying to decided which card I should get also, I am thinking aobut the leadtek card or the creative digital blaster VCR. I saw the eladtek on pricewatch.com for $69 and the creative is $20bucks more.. which card is better? I wanna find out myself also. goold luck hunting? and keep us posted

FatBurger

Illustrious
Well, another friend bought it, and I'm going to go grab it tonight. Here's what he told me about it in an email:

I bought the Leadtek TV tuner while I was down there on Saturday. It's kickass. It [stomps] down my old Pinnacle card in every way. From little things like not having to have primary input focus to change channels to hiding the mouse to onscreen display to better picture to maximizing really fast to supporting overlay on the secondary monitor to being able to play DVD and TV at once to not letting the monitor go to sleep and lastly, having drivers for something other than Windows 98. Need I say more?
<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

FatBurger

Illustrious
It's the Leadtek TV 2000 XP or something like that. It was $99 with a $30 mail-in rebate. I haven't installed it yet, but it comes with a pretty good package. The remote is too wide and thin, but I don't think I'd use it very much.

psyclone

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2001
i want something that will recorsd what i am doing on my monitor, whilst playing games, hacking etc etc.

:eek: <b>This is an exceptionally bas sig!</b> :eek:

FatBurger

Illustrious
Then you'll need to go out of a card that supports TV and monitor at once and into a recording card, or go out of the TV out and record on a VCR.

Otherwise there's software to do that.

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>