MN-500 Port Forwarding Need Help!

I just purchased the MN-500 so that I could go wireless.
Prior to that I was using a Linksys befsr41 Router. (for
future reference the 2 won't work together) On my
previous router I had port fowarding enabled so that I
could run a website of my pc for the purposes of my side
business. (been using it for almost 2 years no problems)
Now I try to set up port fowarding with the MN-500 and I
am unable to bring up the site. Is there a step by step
process I can go through to make sure I'm following all
the right steps? btw- I'm using XP with IIS and I am
able to ping the addy from my server but that's it.

Tnanks,
Chuck
1 answer Last reply
More about port forwarding help

    Hi,

    Go to your Base Station Management Tool, then go to Security, then click on
    Port Forwarding then click on the Set up persistent port forwarding.
    Then type in the following:

    Put a checkmark box on the enable checkmark box then
    Inbound port: 80-80
    Type: TCP
    Private IP address: the IP address of your internal computer
    Private port: 80-80

    This is assuming your IIS web server's port is on 80, if it's something else
    then put in the respective port number in the inbound and on the private
    port
    Then scroll down and hit the Apply button.

    Then try it out to see if it works.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Chuck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just purchased the MN-500 so that I could go wireless.
    > Prior to that I was using a Linksys befsr41 Router. (for
    > future reference the 2 won't work together) On my
    > previous router I had port fowarding enabled so that I
    > could run a website of my pc for the purposes of my side
    > business. (been using it for almost 2 years no problems)
    > Now I try to set up port fowarding with the MN-500 and I
    > am unable to bring up the site. Is there a step by step
    > process I can go through to make sure I'm following all
    > the right steps? btw- I'm using XP with IIS and I am
    > able to ping the addy from my server but that's it.
    >
    > Tnanks,
    > Chuck

Routers Port Forwarding Networking