MN-500 Port Forwarding Need Help!

Last response: in Networking
Share
April 16, 2004 6:09:17 AM

I just purchased the MN-500 so that I could go wireless.
Prior to that I was using a Linksys befsr41 Router. (for
future reference the 2 won't work together) On my
previous router I had port fowarding enabled so that I
could run a website of my pc for the purposes of my side
business. (been using it for almost 2 years no problems)
Now I try to set up port fowarding with the MN-500 and I
am unable to bring up the site. Is there a step by step
process I can go through to make sure I'm following all
the right steps? btw- I'm using XP with IIS and I am
able to ping the addy from my server but that's it.

Tnanks,
Chuck

More about : 500 port forwarding

Anonymous
April 17, 2004 9:01:54 AM

Hi,

Go to your Base Station Management Tool, then go to Security, then click on
Port Forwarding then click on the Set up persistent port forwarding.
Then type in the following:

Put a checkmark box on the enable checkmark box then
Inbound port: 80-80
Type: TCP
Private IP address: the IP address of your internal computer
Private port: 80-80

This is assuming your IIS web server's port is on 80, if it's something else
then put in the respective port number in the inbound and on the private
port
Then scroll down and hit the Apply button.

Then try it out to see if it works.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User