Closed

Need help tlj

Tags:
  • Security
  • Windows 8
Last response: in Windows 8
February 8, 2013 3:46:00 PM

Hello,
I have a new acer V5-531/571 with windows 8 given to me from friend that bought it for my roommate but he passed away last month. I don't have password to unlock it and have not been able to get an F key to pull up the BIOS screen. what is the best way to solve this without spending my hard earned money?

More about : tlj

Best solution

a b * Windows 8
February 8, 2013 4:02:02 PM

You will need to contact your friend and/or Acer technical support and prove ownership to their satisfaction. Since we have no way of knowing, we cannot help you with cracking a password.
February 8, 2013 4:04:01 PM

We can't assist as we cannot prove that it is in fact your laptop.
If you can provide proof of ownership get in touch with Acer.
Score
Related resources
a c 410 * Windows 8
February 8, 2013 5:02:25 PM

troy699 said:
Hello,
I have a new acer V5-531/571 with windows 8 given to me from friend that bought it for my roommate but he passed away last month. I don't have password to unlock it and have not been able to get an F key to pull up the BIOS screen. what is the best way to solve this without spending my hard earned money?

Most people would wipe and reinstall the OS unless you want to recover files.
the key is in the BIOS for new machines and should be read via the windows installer automatically.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/upgrade-pr...

but you will have to get any specific OEM changes directly from your OEM.

If the machine was setup to log onto a network controller, you can ask the network admin to reset your password. If the machine is logging onto a email account you would have to contact the email provider to get the password for that username.

if you just want to do a local logon, you will need the correct password. There are default accounts but there is no default password that anyone can give you to log on.

no point in explaining options unless you really need to recover data from the drive.

Score
a b 8 Security
a b * Windows 8
February 8, 2013 5:06:53 PM

Best answer selected by Brett928S2.
Score
a b 8 Security
a b * Windows 8
February 8, 2013 5:07:17 PM

This topic has been closed by Brett928S2
Score