Best video card for budget?

blargal

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
Hello to all you tech savy people! :)

I have a rather easy question for everyone that I myself have trouble with. My build is as follows!

Gigabyte ga-970a UD3 AM3 motherboard

Radeon HD 6770 video card

Cooler master gx series 650w psu

AMD FX-8120 processor

8 gigs ddr3 1600

Simply put I built this rig knowing I was buying a lower grade video card, I would care to know what would be the best video cards both radeon and gforce versions I can get that will work with my current computer for around $200? I don't need the best of the best but would like a nice video card that won't need to be replaced for say...about 4 years. This likely doesn't matter but I'm also going to get another 8 gigs of ram along with the new card.

Thank you all for your help, I wish I could figure it out but I am not up to date on computer parts and all these graphic card numbers just confuse me lol.

blargal

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
Thank you all for the quick reply! I definatly now know which card to get in my price range :) hmm perhaps I should look into a new monitor after saving a bit more, my old one is starting to show its age after...well been over 5 years heh.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
Thank you all for the quick reply! I definatly now know which card to get in my price range :) hmm perhaps I should look into a new monitor after saving a bit more, my old one is starting to show its age after...well been over 5 years heh.
Well if you do plan on getting a new monitor make sure to start a new thread here as you have A LOT of good options in the matter lol

blargal

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
Well some bad news...I was going to order the new video card while at work on the cell phone, found a pretty good deal on ebay for a asus radeon 7850 2bg 256bit for $169.00. Then I couldn't figure out my ebay password (durpadurp) so I figured i'd wait till I got home on the computer....and then on the way home I got into a pretty bad car accident, luckily I have full coverage. Needless to say I can pretty much scratch that new video card for now let alone a new monitor :(

TRENDING THREADS