GPU artifact

igloo101

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Hi. I seem to be having a strange problem with my gpu. It happened a couple of days ago when I booted up my computer. There were horizontal lines across my boot screen and my computer couldn't boot into windows. So I switched it out of the original PCI-E slot and put it in another one. This time, it could boot into windows properly, but every time I bump the table (my computer sits on my table), there would be artifacts and sometimes it would disconnect causing my drivers/computer to crash for several seconds.

Does this sound like a motherboard or a gpu issue? Thank you.

So you were unable to boot windows but the second you changed slots you were able to boot into windows?

You know its really hard to say I mean you could have bumped your computer and it could of offset your connections if they weren't very secure.

or if could be your motherboard as well that is being very finicky with your slots.

igloo101

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Thanks for getting back to me so quick. It happened after a ride in a car. I'm thinking the shaking might have loosened it. If that were the case, is it more likely that the slot or the card is damaged?

Thanks