GeForce 660ti HDMI output (to HDTV) issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMicke

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Hey guys,

I'm having real problems getting my new 660ti to connect to my HDTV. I can display my computer desktop on two monitors via DVI cables, but when I try to hook up my HDTV as a third monitor (or simply one to watch movies and other media on) it doesn't work.

Here are the specifics of my setup:

ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z motherboard
AMD FX 8350 CPU
16 GB RAM
Windows 8 Pro
ASUS GTX660 TI-DC2O-2GD5

I have the video card connecting just fine and displaying my desktop on two 27" monitors, but when I connect my 42" Panasonic Viera HDTV the computer detects the TV (and shows it in device manager as a connected monitor with a listing of "Panasonic TV0") but the TV reports NO SIGNAL from the video card and the screen remains black.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Solution
Hello... are you running 1080P 60 HZ to the TV? and have the TV 's HDMI input selected to the cable input? Do you have a DVI to HDMI adaptor to test TV input?

WMicke

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Hi guys...

Here is what I have tried so far:

YES, I do have the HDMI output set to 1080p 60Hz (the TV will actually support 120Hz, but the video card will not).

The HDMI cable is plugged into the port labeled HDMI-1 and that is the exact input that I have the TV set to, but it still returns a "no signal" message (I actually verified my inputs before I used it for the very first time, but it never hurts to double check).

I have also tried deleting all my Nvidia drives and reinstalling a fresh set (like trapper suggested) of the latest Nvidia drivers (314.07) downloaded directly from the Nvidia website, while all three monitors were plugged in, and turned on.

The only thing I have not tried yet, is using a DVI to HDMI converter and plugging the TV into a DVI port, because I don't actually have a DVI to HDMI converter at this point, but if I can acquire one locally at a decent price, I'll try that too.

Any other suggestions guys?

Thanks!

WMicke

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013

For some reason the Nvidia/GeForce card could NOT detect my TV through the HDMI cable/port. However, when I plugged the HDMI cable in to the video card through one of the DVI ports (and an HDMI to DVI adapter) the signal came through and the TV was detected (and can now display a signal/picture from the video card) just fine! Thanks guys!

WMicke

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013

Interesting tidbit to add, just in case anyone else has a similar problem. Once I got the TV hooked up and working through the DVI adapter, I was able to unplug it from the adapter, and back into the regular HDMI port... apparently once the TV has been successfully detected and the card has output to it, it will work on any port. As a result I switched back to the regular HDMI port, because the DVI to HDMI adapter didn't allow an audio signal to be carried to the TV. Everything is working great now!

Status
Not open for further replies.