ATI Radeon HD 5770

Hello, i have a problem with my ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics card :/ card is about 2 years old. it goes up to 80°C by doing nothing just surfing in internet. When i play some game like gta 4 or dirt 3 it goes up to 100°C i have changed thermal past and cleand it steel nothing any help ...

P.s sorry about my bad english :/
22 answers Last reply
More about radeon 5770
  1. May be it is in its end of his life!
  2. ASHISH65 said:
    May be it is in its end of his life!


    hmm like in 2 years :O my frend has ati radeon hd 5450 like alredy 4 or 5 years :D
  3. As hd 5770 is power hungry gpu while hd 5450 just takes 19w. Check that gpu in others pc
  4. ASHISH65 said:
    As hd 5770 is power hungry gpu while hd 5450 just takes 19w. Check that gpu in others pc



    So there is actualy nothing do do with that overheating ??
  5. Hmm add some case fans
  6. It could have become dusty over time. Take it out, inspect it. You might need to dust it off:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsBj-xdHxVY
  7. Check voltages. Failing PSU might cause such issues.
  8. Clean out the dust from your entire PC case. If totally clean and you still get those temps, then either:

    1. The heatsink has not been reattached properly.
    2. Not enough new thermal paste was applied.
    3. The sensor is giving the wrong reading.
  9. ^^ or
    4. the fan is jammed and not spinning any more.
  10. Moonshine9 said:
    It could have become dusty over time. Take it out, inspect it. You might need to dust it off:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsBj-xdHxVY



    i cleand it its like new :D
  11. Kari said:
    ^^ or
    4. the fan is jammed and not spinning any more.


    fan is ok but when it goes over 90°c it gets extremly loud :O
  12. well in that case I think the heatsink isn't making proper contact with the chip somehow...
  13. Kari said:
    well in that case I think the heatsink isn't making proper contact with the chip somehow...



    so that means that i just buy a new graphics card :D or ??
  14. 4erbukss said:
    so that means that i just buy a new graphics card :D or ??

    or tighten the screws properly :pt1cable:

    btw does the heatsink use heatpipes? If them pipes have a leak they won't really work anymore... just a thought. Years ago there was a fellow on this forum who had ghettomodded his heatsink so it'd fit into the case, he sawed off the ends of the heatpipes to make it fit and was very surprised when the cpu got really hot... :na:
  15. Kari said:
    or tighten the screws properly :pt1cable:

    btw does the heatsink use heatpipes? If them pipes have a leak they won't really work anymore... just a thought. Years ago there was a fellow on this forum who had ghettomodded his heatsink so it'd fit into the case, he sawed off the ends of the heatpipes to make it fit and was very surprised when the cpu got really hot... :na:



    my english is bad can you exacly explain what that means or what is that ''heatsink use heatpipes''

    screws are tight enough check allredy ...
  16. 4erbukss said:
    hmm like in 2 years :O my frend has ati radeon hd 5450 like alredy 4 or 5 years :D


    Less actually, the 5xxx series came out late 2009 and the 5450 was released around Feb 2010.
  17. Mousemonkey said:
    Less actually, the 5xxx series came out late 2009 and the 5450 was released around Feb 2010.



    i dont khink so he has that PC alredy for 4 years and 5450 came orginaly inside :P
  18. 4erbukss said:
    my english is bad can you exacly explain what that means or what is that ''heatsink use heatpipes''

    screws are tight enough check allredy ...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_pipe
    heat pipes are those small tubes that most 'higher' tier heatsinks use to spread the heat efficiently, every cpu tower cooler has them these days but they aren't as common with mid tier graphics cards, the cooler on my 5770 didn't have them... and there is some liquid inside and if it leaks out the pipe won't transfer heat very much at all anymore...

    does the heatsink get warm to the touch when the gpu hits high temperatures? If it is cool and you can't feel any hot air been blown away then it is a clear sign that the heatsink isn't making proper contact with the chip. Maybe the mounting bracket is bent or something so it is not pressing against the chip hard enough even when the screws are tigh.
  19. 4erbukss said:
    i dont khink so he has that PC alredy for 4 years and 5450 came orginaly inside :P


    Check the release dates, that card came out around Feb 2010 IIRC.
  20. Mousemonkey said:
    Check the release dates, that card came out around Feb 2010 IIRC.


    i dont care what stay there but i bought my pc about years ago and my frend like 2 months after me and he had that card inside there so...
  21. Kari said:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_pipe
    heat pipes are those small tubes that most 'higher' tier heatsinks use to spread the heat efficiently, every cpu tower cooler has them these days but they aren't as common with mid tier graphics cards, the cooler on my 5770 didn't have them... and there is some liquid inside and if it leaks out the pipe won't transfer heat very much at all anymore...

    does the heatsink get warm to the touch when the gpu hits high temperatures? If it is cool and you can't feel any hot air been blown away then it is a clear sign that the heatsink isn't making proper contact with the chip. Maybe the mounting bracket is bent or something so it is not pressing against the chip hard enough even when the screws are tigh.



    i dont have thous pipes but the air what comes out is pretty cold i mean its not warm soo what should i do ??
  22. i can make some phots if you need and open the graphics card if its necessary
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Radeon HD ATI Graphics