Best card at $300 budget, primarily fps gamer

G

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: This week. BUDGET RANGE: $300 before rebates.

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming - Ideally would like to play Crysis 3 and Far Cry 3 at Very High/Ultra, not maxed AA or AF, but turned on even at low, e.g. 2x

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: Upgrading from a now dead GTX 260 1.7 GB. PSU is 750 W

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: Core i7 920 2.66 GHz, 12 GB DDR3 1333 MHz

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: NCIX, Newegg Canada, or Amazon Canada.

PARTS PREFERENCES: Slight Nvidia preference, and would prefer a reputable brand such as XFX or Gigabyte

OVERCLOCKING: No SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920 x 1200

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Like I said, I'd like to be able to play 'the latest and greatest' on very high settings, but not necessarily maxed. I'm primarily an FPS gamer.

I'm currently leaning towards the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti OC edition - link: http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=75183&promoid=1324

Thoughts are appreciated - thank you! :)

G

Hmm, compelling. Although that's the American version of New Egg opposed to the Canadian one... Sapphire also has a bad reputation in terms of their customer service. I've also edited my initial post to include a slight favouring of Nvidia cards over ATI, mostly due to drivers/reliability on NVidia's side, but I'm still open to ATI. I appreciate your insight, ASHISH65 - perhaps somebody else could chime in?

G

This one here, GamerXtreme2013?: http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=75201&vpn=N660TI%20PE%202GD5%2FOC&manufacture=MSI%2FMicroStar&promoid=1276

That seems even better than the Gigabyte, you're right, albeit at a $15 price increase with savings. I'd be willing to do that I think. Thanks for the suggestion... I'm thinking that's about as good as it gets, but I suppose I'll wait and see if anyone else has suggestions.

Edit: Upon closer inspection of actual numbers, the Gigabyte card is actually ever so slightly better, albeit without any real world difference. Now the only thing I can see worth the extra $15 for the MSI card is the cooling, however they both offer a custom cooling option better than most? Doesn't seem so compelling anymore... :(