Graphics card question

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie2014

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
Hello,
the last system i built was an Asus m4a88td-m (radeon on board) i tryed to put a gt210 on the board just for some kind of graphics card, i ran into issues and the mobo was upset at me because the card was navidia (weird i know)

Now im building a new machine asus crosshair v formula z and i would like to use a radeon card because Amd is better at muliple displays and i plan on using a tripple display for gaming but the board is nvidia chipset ,can you guys give me some advice on what to do exactly and what card i might want with a smallish budget of around $250- $300..thanks in advance.

Asus crosshair v formula z
Amd FX 8350 8 core
Corsair dominator plaitnum 2x8 gb dimms
Corsair hx1000
Corsair H100i cpu cooling

reggie2014

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
im afraid that i will have intergration issues with radeon with the new board and or loose some funtionality i would have had with rog chipset, sorry ashish65 i just want some more input from people that are used to dealing with the same calibre of hardware the machine ur running isnt even entry level let alone high end, no offence

rdc85

Honorable
If u can get it, try aim for 7870 XT or LE... it the best price/performance card right now...

".... afraid that i will have intergration issues with radeon with the new board and or loose some funtionality...."

err what kind of problems actually? u will lose cuda and physx but u gain beter direct compute card (tressFX), but i not owning ROG mobo so no idea there...

edit: btw don't judge book by it's cover, some people with very high end machine do not even know what he/she buying they just go with the latest trend/tech. I think ASHISH65 is more expericed than u think of (his gold medal not just for show :D )

reggie2014

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
thanks for the info il look into it..

"err what kind of problems actually? u will lose cuda and physx but u gain beter direct compute card (tressFX), but i not owning ROG mobo so no idea there..."

my point exactly you dont own an rog board and are not familier with the 990fx chipset or rog ,i also own two 995 be boards you are running now and i know about those intimatly so if you have any questions about them let me know..

i also know there are some graphics card issues with some of the quad boards witch is why im asking the questions im asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.