t630/z600 RF performance

Last response: in Brands
Share
April 12, 2004 7:23:56 PM

I'm thinking of replacing my Nokia 6310i with a T630 or Z600, but I keep
hearing critical comments about current SE phones' ability to hold a signal,
especially the T610. Can anyone comment on their experience?

The other options look like being a Nokia 6600 or another 6310i if I can
find one, so any comparisons on real-world performance (I know about the
difference in features) welcome.

It would be on either Vodafone or Orange in the UK.

Thanks,

--
Evan

remove certain words in address to email

More about : t630 z600 performance

Anonymous
April 12, 2004 10:58:44 PM

In article <c5ecac$620$1@sparta.btinternet.com>,
evansmailbox@takethisaway.btinternet.com says...

> I'm thinking of replacing my Nokia 6310i with a T630 or Z600, but I keep
> hearing critical comments about current SE phones' ability to hold a signal,
> especially the T610. Can anyone comment on their experience?

I have used a Z600 (in Italy) and reception quality is poor.
I have a T68i which I have found to be inferior to my old Nokia 7110,
but acceptable. I have bought a T630 yesterday, and it seems to be like
the T68, maybe a little worse.

--

Kurgan

* Asportami la milza per rispondere in mail *
* Remove "MILZA" to email me *
Anonymous
April 15, 2004 12:16:27 PM

IMHO and based upon my own experience that would be a BIG mistake...

After using the T68i on Vodafone without too many problems (great phone.
ahead of its time when released, wonderful feature set, menus, etc. etc.)
and after 17 years on Vodafone I moved to Orange last March to get the Line
2 feature.

I had another T68i and had major problems - mainly the dreaded 'No Network'

Orange were complete & utter bastards, I had been reporting a faulty handset
within days of receiving the handset, they ran their diagnostics and said
the handset was OK and it must be a transmitter problem.

Strange then that the 'faulty transmitter' followed me around the
country...;^)

I was on the line to 150 over a dozen times that month and after a week over
the 30 day period I was told my handset was indeed faulty but as it was now
over 30 days old I couldn't exchange it for a new one but would have to send
it away to be repaired...

To cut a long story short I reverted to using a 4 year old Siemens S25 just
so I was able to make/take telephone calls.

I bit the bullet in December and paid £75 to upgrade to the T610 after being
promised that the RF performance was much better than the T68i

At first it seemed this was true but in a very short space of time I was the
only one in a room of people who couldn't get a signal and at one stage I
had to use a colleagues 6310i in the car who was also on Orange to report a
fault with my T610!

Again Orange tried to fob me off with a transmitter problem...muppets...

As Orange now wanted a £100 upgrade fee for me to change my handset
(remember I paid a £75 upgrade fee last time just to replace a faulty
handset and try to find a 'phone that worked as a 'phone) I decided to buy a
SIM free 6310i in black (Orange only do silver) and to say it is a
revelation would be an understatement.

As a long standing Ericsson user (since GH338 days) and owning @ £500 of
genuine SE accessories I really did not want to jump ship.
However all I want from a mobile 'phone is the ability to make/take calls
and connect via GPRS to the Internet for my PDA/Laptop whilst out & about
and the 6310i gives me that by the bucket load.
Wherever I go I have full signal strength and the ability to hang on to a
signal has not let me down yet - in a different league to the SE T68i/T610
altogether.

The T630 bears more than a passing resemblance to the T610 so gut instinct
tells me that RF performance will be similar if not identical.

Buyer beware - YMMV - that is just my own experience

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

!