Closed Solved

Advice on Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7770 vs. Zotac GTX 560 Special Ed.

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560 SE (This is the SE version)
SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X HD 7770 GHz EDITION OC 1GB GDDR5

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: No solid date. I've already purchased a new Mobo and the next purchase would either be a new video card or new memories.

BUDGET RANGE: Around US $150

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming(planning to play ArmA 3), light HD movies watching

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: HIS Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3. 550W PSU(not sure of brand, will soon change it to a Corsair or Antec PSU)

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS:
AMD A10-5800K @ 3.8ghz (will overclock with new mobo) with Corsair 2nd Gen. H60 Liquid Cooler
EMAXX A55FM2HD-iCafe(Don't know if you guys know this Mobo brand. Though I've already ordered a Gigabyte GA-F2A85X-UP4)
4GB @ 1333mhz(unknown brand but I will upgrade this to a G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x4GB @ 1866mhz)

I have a case that has 1 front fan, 2 side panel fan, 2 top fan, 1 rear exhaust fan.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: none, or more specifically I have no way to pay for online purchases. However, there is a store here that have those in stock, prices are in Philippine Pesos.

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Philippines. Explains a bit how I have hardware with unknown brand in my current setup. I bought my computer in another store that didn't have many hardware to choose from.

PARTS PREFERENCES: I would prefer MSI or EVGA for the GTX 560 but the Zotac one is within my budget of $150 or around PHP6000.

OVERCLOCKING: Not planning

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: A measly 1366x768. Will upgrade my monitor once I have my room renovated and have a proper desk/space for my computer.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I'm planning to play ArmA 3 once the full version is released. Lots of people are already saying that ArmA 3 is better optimized and that if one was able to run ArmA 2 with medium settings then ArmA 3 would perform better. Most graphics intensive game I have I think is ArmA 2 or Ghost Recon Future Soldier, not sure. Though ArmA 2 is more CPU intensive, I think. Will also be playing War Thunder.

Passmark says that the GTX 560 SE performs a bit better than the 7770 but I don't know how reliable these numbers are.

So, guys, thoughts? Maybe from the pricelist I've linked to you could recommend a better card than those 2 that is similarly priced? Thanks.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about advice sapphire vapor 7770 zotac special
  1. Id, go with the Vapor X. Yes I know you are not planning to overclock but with that vapor chamber cooling system it would be a champion at overclocking. Also the 560 is the 192bit version not the awesome 256bit , and 288Cores vs the 256bit's 336. Also its more expensive. If you get this Vapor X ($125.00 after rebate) u have 25 dollars to put into getting the ram. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102993&Tpk=vapor%20x%2077703
    The 7770 also consumes much less power, if you are concerned about your power supply.

Finally yes I know you wont get to see it but IMO the Vapor X is one of the best looking cards i have ever seen. So my verdict, i say get the Vapor X :)

PS: You can also look into a 6850, but ill still go with the Vapor X over it, though performance wise its very similar, and some prefer the 6850. ($123)
    http://www.amazon.com/MSI-CrossFireX-Eyefinity-R6850-PM2D1GD5-OC/dp/B004DCOZTS/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1362692338&sr=1-2&keywords=6850
  2. johnnsti08 said:
    Id, go with the Vapor X. Yes I know you are not planning to overclock but with that vapor chamber cooling system it would be a champion at overclocking. Also the 560 is the 192bit version not the awesome 256bit , and 288Cores vs the 256bit's 336. Also its more expensive. If you get this Vapor X ($125.00 after rebate) u have 25 dollars to put into getting the ram. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102993&Tpk=vapor%20x%2077703
    The 7770 also consumes much less power, if you are concerned about your power supply.

Finally yes I know you wont get to see it but IMO the Vapor X is one of the best looking cards i have ever seen. So my verdict, i say get the Vapor X :)

PS: You can also look into a 6850, but ill still go with the Vapor X over it, though performance wise its very similar, and some prefer the 6850. ($123)
    http://www.amazon.com/MSI-CrossFireX-Eyefinity-R6850-PM2D1GD5-OC/dp/B004DCOZTS/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1362692338&sr=1-2&keywords=6850

I won't be able to order through newegg and/or amazon. Newegg doesn't ship to the Philippines and I think Amazon, too, when it comes to computer hardware. I linked the pricelist of the store that has these cards and other more powerful ones (560 Ti and higher, HD 78xx and 79xx). Who knows, I might be able to shell out more and purchase a 560 Ti or a Sapphire 7870 but I'd still want to limit my budget to around $150.
  3. Ah... hmm Wikipedia says that AMD plans to release the Radeon HD 8000 series cards in Q2(around April to June). I think I won't upgrade my video card yet and wait for the HD 8000 and when they become available.

EDIT: Wait, if I understand correctly the ones being released in Q2 will be OEM cards and that OEM are like Sapphire, XFX, MSI? Or are the OEM cards the ones inside a pre-built system?
  4. Amd is delaying their next gen series to focus on the 7000 series. It will not come out this year. OEM is indeed Sapphire, MSI, etc
  5. johnnsti08 said:
    Amd is delaying their next gen series to focus on the 7000 series. It will not come out this year. OEM is indeed Sapphire, MSI, etc

Yeah, just read a couple of articles here and there about that. I guess I'll save up some more for the either a 7850 or 7870.
  6. Best answer
    Good idea, but for price/performance not much can beat a 7770. That said, still gun for the 7850 or 7870.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards HD Sapphire Graphics Product