Best graphics card to upgrade to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbossi19

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Hey Guys,

So I love this site and the community is a huge help. Instead of sifting through other peoples questions I figured I would just ask my own. Currently I have a GTX 560, I5 3570K and cannot remember the rest of the components off the top of my head (if needed I can post later). My question is which Graphics card to upgrade to because it is my understanding that my graphics card is the one weak link in my system (not to say that its terrible, just that its probably the most underpowered component).

So I have a few choices. Obviously my first choice was to go with Nvidia again because I havent had any major problems aside from what I believe are artifacts (dont know what these are just get a pixelated looking screen every once and a while when watching a movie then the screen flicks back on).

However after looking at the prices of things like the 660ti and the 670 they seem quite high. I am also not too keen about the fact that it comes with some crappy in game money for some free to play games. After looking some things up it would seem my best choice would be a 7870 (bonus that it could come with Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider which Im very interested in) however that is where my knowledge ends.

Any help is appreciated. I would say my budget is around 250 but anything higher than that would be pushing it. Obviously the cheaper the better and I have no problem with mail in rebates to help lower the price. I live in the US and primarily have been looking at newegg but if there sites with better prices I will gladly look. Also I have access to a microcenter if that matters.

Sorry for the wall of text

Solution
That is as good as it gets at your budget, especially since it includes games that you are interested in. The 7870 XT is a slightly crippled 7950 with a misleading name.

mbossi19

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Small update, I have found the Sapphire 7870 XT with the free bioshock and tomb raider for 250 with a 15 dollar mail in rebate. Really debating pulling the trigger on this cuz it seems like a great deal

Avenged7x

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
That is as good as it gets at your budget, especially since it includes games that you are interested in. The 7870 XT is a slightly crippled 7950 with a misleading name.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.