Can i have 2 audio chanels ? HDMI

Baldr47

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Hello ! I just got HDMI cable, and i am happy with it, no problems. But i dont know about audio.

All sounds are now on TV, how to fix that ? I watch movie in browser, and i want only audio of movie in TV.

Because my friends are watching movies, and i cant watch youtube videos, because all sound is automaticly played in TV.

Any troubleshooting ?

teaser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
there should be audio out jacks on the back of the tv,a red and a white audio out female rca jacks,hook these up to the input on your stereo reciever or audio input on your sound card,but you will need an 1/8th inch to stereo rca cable to hook up to the pc out on the sound card....both solutions should work and both cables are cheap.....

Nathey20

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
If you still have your old speakers hooked up to your computer, as well as the HDMI cable going to your TV, then there should be a setting in your sound options to allow both devices to play at the same time. If you're on Windows 7, it's a bit easier :)

Hope this helps!

Do you have any details how that works? Common-sense so far was, that win7 can only handle one playback device at a time. That is despite that fact, that some playback devices can handle multiple streams.

Nathey20

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
It was definitely the windows 7 native sound options, I can't remember what sound card I was using as it's on my last PC, but I used to have my movies on my TV with a HDMI lead and headphones running through the card to play games :) I'll try and find out for you both tonight!