Installed Asus 7850 1GD5, now monitor says no signal

truwrxtacy

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
Hey guys, So i have this dilema.

I have a computer i7 HP computer, yesterday i replaced my PSU with a seasonic 520w PS. I turned it on and everything is fine, so this morning i tried to install my GPU (Asus 7850 1GD5), i turned off my computer unplugged everything and put the new GPU in, now the monitor gets no signal. I'm almost positive its not my GPU/MB as it was working right before i installed the card. Now did i forget to plug in more power into the GPU? like the MB does not have enough power to power the GPU? I dont think i noticed any slots for me to plug in more power?

I'm asking in advance because I am currently at work and wont be able to check it until i get home.

Thanks for any suggestions or advice in advance.

With most GPU installs, when switching from onboard graphics, you will need to follow these steps:
1) Power off, insert GPU
2) Leave monitor connection to onboard video, power on, enter BIOS and change default video to PCIe (I think on your mobo it is: Advanced > Chipset > Internal graphics > Surround view > [Disabled].
3) Save, and power down. Switch monitor to GPU, power on.
4) Update drivers in Windows.

Some BIOS settings are a real pain to get it to disable on the onboard graphics...

There is also the power connection for the GPU - you might have to upgrade your power supply....