Sign in with
Your question

Good way to test video card for problems?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 7, 2013 3:55:39 PM

Some of my games have been chugging on high graphics settings and I am starting to wonder if there is something wrong with my video card. Is there a good way to test it and see if it holds up to how it should? I ran 3Dmark and got a score of 9500, and a graphics score of 8500. But it says that the average GPU score for people with my card is around 10500 - so I don't know what that means... I ran stress tests on the rest of my system and it all looks fine i guess (don't really know what I'm looking for)...and the temps are fine on the CPU (40c).

My PC is Intel Core i7 quadcore 960 @ 3.2GHz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 680 video card, SSD hard drive with games installed on them (is this ok or should I put them on my regular hard drive?), running windows 7 64bit.

I had a little trouble seating the video card in when putting together my computer so I hope that isn't part of the problem...

If everything is up to par, is there one part of my system you would recommend upgrading to get better FPS in games?

More about : good test video card problems

a b U Graphics card
March 29, 2013 8:13:05 AM

680 is hell of a card. It should get good fps in any game and any settings (one screen). To get better results on 3Dmark make sure to have only mark3D opened and nothing else. You also can OC your card.
Its ok for games to be on SSD.
Download latest drivers from nvidia.
m
l
!