Uncertain double click mouse action on win 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpcdude

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Hello,

not only on win7 but other versions, different hardware etc, you cannot tell when you double click an icon if it actually launched the application.

slowing down mouse double click in the control panel helps somewhat but how can i get a solid reliable indicator that the double click was heard by windows.

am i the only one who is being driver insane by this common deficiency?

gerry

tpcdude

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
sorry bout the double post, im a new member of this fine group. ok guess the answers are actually jokes, love to hear a real answer.

some more poop on this .. the proximity to the icon and movement of the mouse within the icon do effect the reliability of the double click .. maybe its just me since im left handed ..

gerry

slhpss

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
you using a left handed mouse? seriously most mice are ambi, but there are ones which are contoured for lefties and that may help you with the issue... Also what are the specs on your system as it seems the slow response time may be causing the issue... Also, if you don't like double clicking there are settings within windows which will allow you to single click icons.

szaboaz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
I was being serious. Get a mouse which gives a good feedback to your finger, and to your ears.

There was a time when I used to triple-click, for similar reasons. I was thinking that either the first-second, or the second-third click will count as double click, and the remaining single click won't hurt anybody.

tpcdude

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012

thanks .. simple yet effective

Status
Not open for further replies.