SLI with two different GTX 680s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Here is a transcript from my chat with Nvidia support regarding SLI'ing two GTX 680s with different VRAM amounts:

Srivathsa: Hi, my name is Srivathsa. How may I help you?
ubercake: Hi. I have an SLI question. Can I get a 2GB GTX680 and SLI with a 4GB GTX680?
ubercake: Hello?
Srivathsa: Hi ubercake,
Srivathsa: I apologize for the delay
Srivathsa: I am sorry, we cannot
Srivathsa: Both the GTX 680s should have saubercake dedicated memory for SLI
Srivathsa: Either both should be 4 GB or both should be 2 GB

There you have it. There was once a technology called coolbits that allowed this, but apparently it's no longer part of the driver release.

The thing is, they used to have this info posted on the Geforce.com SLI FAQ page. They've...
Here is a transcript from my chat with Nvidia support regarding SLI'ing two GTX 680s with different VRAM amounts:

Srivathsa: Hi, my name is Srivathsa. How may I help you?
ubercake: Hi. I have an SLI question. Can I get a 2GB GTX680 and SLI with a 4GB GTX680?
ubercake: Hello?
Srivathsa: Hi ubercake,
Srivathsa: I apologize for the delay
Srivathsa: I am sorry, we cannot
Srivathsa: Both the GTX 680s should have saubercake dedicated memory for SLI
Srivathsa: Either both should be 4 GB or both should be 2 GB

There you have it. There was once a technology called coolbits that allowed this, but apparently it's no longer part of the driver release.

The thing is, they used to have this info posted on the Geforce.com SLI FAQ page. They've removed it within the last few months.

Solution

I've noticed that stuff has gone missing from their site, I was looking for info on 2d Surround the other day and all the setup guides seem to have gone AWOL.

snakeeater11112

Distinguished
May 28, 2011

Ahh well there it is. I thought the clock speed mattered but looks like I will have to purchase another gtx 680 4gb. Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.