to refresh a P900

i am going to buy a new P900 today, however i am old nokia customer and
hearing about the problems faced with the nokia 6600 decided to buy
SE P900.

With the nokia phones was pretty easy to refresh the phone if it crashed
using the code...... but now with the P900 does a code exist to solve things
out if the phone crashes and if possible what is it????

thankyou and hope to have an answer soon.........
2 answers Last reply
More about refresh p900

    nikki@keyworld.net (nikki) wrote in

    > i am going to buy a new P900 today, however i am old nokia customer
    > and hearing about the problems faced with the nokia 6600 decided to
    > buy SE P900.
    >
    > With the nokia phones was pretty easy to refresh the phone if it
    > crashed using the code...... but now with the P900 does a code exist
    > to solve things out if the phone crashes and if possible what is
    > it????
    >
    > thankyou and hope to have an answer soon.........

    First of all: when the phone is out the box make a backup. Keep all your
    (third party) downloaded software on your PC
    When it crashes you can do a soft reset (pressing on/off button for 10
    seconds) This usually helps.
    If it doesn't help you can do a hard reset and a restore. Reinstall your
    software.

    But...........
    I've had only one crash in three months because of bad third party
    software.

    What problems does the Nokia 6600 have. It seems as if the Nokia 6600 has
    less problems than the P900. The biggest gripe people have with the P900 is
    with bluetooth. It seems as if the Nokia 6600
    has amongst other bluetooth profiles both headset and handsfree profiles
    whereas the P900 only has the headset profile and thus people buy handsfree
    profiles for their P900 or expect it to work in their vehicles which utilise
    the handsfree profile and dont know why it wont work on the P900.

    Apart from that

    "Odette" <Odette@mail.tw> wrote in message
    > nikki@keyworld.net (nikki) wrote in
    >
    > > i am going to buy a new P900 today, however i am old nokia customer
    > > and hearing about the problems faced with the nokia 6600 decided to
    > > buy SE P900.
    > >
    > > With the nokia phones was pretty easy to refresh the phone if it
    > > crashed using the code...... but now with the P900 does a code exist
    > > to solve things out if the phone crashes and if possible what is
    > > it????
    > >
    > > thankyou and hope to have an answer soon.........
    > >

    > First of all: when the phone is out the box make a backup. Keep all your
    > (third party) downloaded software on your PC
    > When it crashes you can do a soft reset (pressing on/off button for 10
    > seconds) This usually helps.
    > If it doesn't help you can do a hard reset and a restore. Reinstall your
    > software.

    > I've had only one crash in three months because of bad third party
    > software.

Ericsson Phones Nokia