Remote controlling

Last response: in Home Audio
November 27, 2004 8:51:43 PM

I need an MP3 player which is remotely controllable and I need to know
how to design a controller to use the remote control interface. I'd prefer
an AC powered MP3 player, but any old Walkman style player will do as long
as I can connect an AC adapter to it. The key thing is that I need to
design a remote controller to my specific needs. I can do it if I know what
signals the remote control interface uses, etc. There are lots of MP3
players out there, but how does one get the specs for the remote interface?
Is there a standard out there?
Thanks,

--Brian M. Godfrey

More about : remote controlling

Anonymous
November 28, 2004 9:15:18 AM

"Brian M. Godfrey" <wildbird@pacifier.com> wrote in

> I need an MP3 player which is remotely controllable and I need to
> know
> how to design a controller to use the remote control interface. I'd
> prefer an AC powered MP3 player, but any old Walkman style player will
> do as long as I can connect an AC adapter to it. The key thing is
> that I need to design a remote controller to my specific needs. I can
> do it if I know what signals the remote control interface uses, etc.
> There are lots of MP3 players out there, but how does one get the
> specs for the remote interface? Is there a standard out there?

Take a look at SlimServer:

http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_features.html

It's about as open source as you'll get with Mp3 Players.

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)