No signal to monitor after taking out and reinserting video card

taizzle70

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
New computer with gigabyte hd 7950. i had to remove the card to manage some cables and all of a sudden there is no signal to the monitor after reinserting the card. Everything was working perfectly fine prior to removing and reinserting it. i tried using a hdmi cable which also had no signal and tested the monitor on another pc which works. Please help

taizzle70

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
i turned off the computer before removing the card and every plug is in. i know the card is running because the fans are spinning normally. any other things i should try?

taizzle70

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
actually the dvi cables are touching the case when plugged it. is this the problem? i tested the dvi cable and monitor with another pc and it worked fine. another thing is i recently added a new harddrive to my pc but everything was working fine until i unplugged the card and plugged it back in. i'm at work so i can't do anything right now but i will try to adjust the card so the dvi cables don't touch the case

taizzle70

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
i found a fix messing around with my computer yesterday. If anyone is having a similar problem unplug your computer from the wall not just off but unplug the cord. After push and hold the power button for 15 - 30 seconds. Now plug it back in and you're all good to go. If this method doesn't work, take out that small battery connected to your motherboard. clean it a little and keep it out for a good 15 - 20 minutes. now plug the battery back in and that should solve the problem.