New 7870 Tahiti EZ

1Hellcat

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
I first saw it at NCIX, but their listing wasn't very helpful. Googled it and found some vague info that it was Tahiti LE. When I saw it on Newegg the other day, I was just going by the clock speeds. Now I see they've changed the listing to confirm it's a Tahiti based 7870. I would say it's pretty safe to assume that it is what it says it is.

thehiddenlotus

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

Do you have the MYST? Honestly I don't think I like this one as much because of the plastic cooler but from what I'm reading its the exact same card just a different fan casing.

dkjravn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
I just ordered one based off of cooling and sound levels versus the MYST. Well, and that it is about 40 bucks cheaper after the rebate and still 15 bucks cheaper before.

thehiddenlotus

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

I ended up getting the Sapphire 7870 XT for $240 before rebate on amazon

thehiddenlotus

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

From what I understand they are the same exact Card. The only difference is the Myst has a metal fan sheath and this one's is plastic. So yes the EZ's fan maybe quieter but does it cool better? That is the question.

G

Just received two of the EZs today. Cooler is better than the LE which I have two of those. All the cards are in a mining rig. The EZs are pushing close to the same mining rates as the LE but I've got driver work to do and a few more tweaks. All of these Powercolor cards need the thermal paste replaced first thing. The EZs have an aluminum heat sink on the vrms. The LEs do not. So the LE is better if they're the same price. The lower priced one will be the best. I'm gonna throw the voltage to them after the paste burns in, then I'll give you another report on just how far you can push them.