z560 sub stopped working

G

some of you may have seen my post, "z560 smells like hospital" well a few days ago, the bass just totally cut out. Has this happenend to anyone else? The speakers were about a week old, and I was listening to them kinda loud (I was vaccuuming in the other room and had the volume up at least half way but probably a little more). Then a little later the bass stopped working. Well they're on their way back to newegg right now so I can get a new pair sent to me. The sound seemed fine before the bass stopped working too. The only thing I can recall is that songs with really low bass, it seemed like the sub might have been straining a little, but it was kind of hard to tell. In certain parts of the house, it sounded kinda weird but not in all. Well should I be worrying about this happening again when my new z560s ship in?

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
I wouldnt overdo it if you did last time. I would suspect you had a faulty unit. I am getting Z560s soon myself so we can talk.
Many said their altec lansing ada885s melted and what not also, before i got them, and ive had no problems since day one.. sometimes people get faulty units and sometimes they are overused.

If you are distorting speakers I would turn them down but it doesnt sound like you were doing anythign out of line.

Athlon XP 1700+,KT266A,Geforce3, Audigy.. 'nuff said.

Conehead

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002
I have Z560 myself...had them for about a month now and I haven't had any problems with them. I did turn them up pretty high at times. I would suggest that you don't over do it next time...they are not meant to be pushed to the max...

"I only drink on days that end with "AY"..."

G

you can't just send back the sub, but you CAN send back the whole unit, like I did. It's not really much of a problem though. I put a copy of the shipping receipt in the box so they will credit the shipping charge, and they will send back a new unit free of charge via fedex overnight.

G

aight well, i'll get back to you when I get the speakers back in (I had to send 7 day shipping through usps, cuz i didn't have enough money to send 2-3 lol)

G

ok, hopefully things will work out good. thanks for the info

G

Same thing happened with my sub. Played it for about an hour at 70-80% volume then left the room to get a drink. I noticed the music cut off so I ran back to my room and smelt something burning. Could not get it to power up after that. Should be receiving a new one from NewEgg next week. If it happens again im getting a Klipsch.

G

interesting. so your entire system didn't work? Only my bass stopped working, well at least I'm not alone. Wait, but that's a bad thing now isn't it.