Laptop won't connect to home wifi

MrPintar14

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
This has been making me very frustrated the last couple of days

Last week my laptop would connect to the wifi just fine but just a couple of days ago when ever I try to connect it to the wifi it just gives me the "windows can not connect to network" error message almost immediately. What really stumps me is that the three iPads (school provided) in my house and my sisters laptop all connect to the wifi but my laptop

It may have something to do with the fact that I started a homegroup so I could print stuff from my laptop and that the password for the router was changed to something easy a couple of days ago by my sister to make it easier to connect from her iPad, I don't even know how she knew how to do that but it really ticks me off

MrPintar14

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Well I accessed the router page and after playing around with the settings for a good hour I finally got it to connect with out an ethernet cable needed by changing the devices name, I'm 16 years old so there is a lot of stuff I don't understand about networking but this minor frustration has taught me some stuff. Now I have to reconfigure a static ip so I can recreate a port forward for my Minecraft server