Hard freezes ( 9600GSO )

haider95

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Sup guys. Here's the problem, since yesterday my GPU has been acting weird. I had it clocked at 850MHz but strangely enough didn't notice any fps increase in any of the games. I downclocked it a little and found that the GPU wasn't stable at those clocks which ticked me off. Since then i have the GPU at default yet im getting all kinds of hard freezes during graphically intense stuff like GPU tool stress testing. The only change i remember making is updating the GPU drivers. The card was running okay on a 250w psu but the freezes were too many. I got my CX430 PSU 2 days ago and it stopped the freezes until now. any idea whats going on guys?

haider95

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Tried it :) didn't work :( .. it's been running okay for a while now. I un-installed ALL the drivers i had (from device manager and nvidias drivers from control panel) and let windows find me a Display driver. It says that the cards running 310 version of drivers. The latest ones are 3.4 something... but i guess those dont work for me

rdc85

Honorable
usually re-seat the card will reset the o.C. profile of the card make it runs at default setting again. but it seems not works in this case :(

btw If the old driver works fine then no need to update the new version of driver... :)

haider95

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
I never messed around with the voltage though. Cards running at 55-60c on load. It seems to be fixed atm i can play crysis 2 again and it doesn't die on me :D i think it was just the drivers conflicting

TRENDING THREADS