Upgrading from AMD Radeon HD 5450

dmacle

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
Hi

This is my first post here and I am looking for some help with regards to upgrading my graphics card. I don't know much about this sort of thing so would appreciate it if someone could help me determine which cards I can consider upgrading to.

I currently have a AMD Radeon HD 5450 but I am looking to improve this. If you can help please let me know what other information you would need to help me out.

Thank you

D

Avenged7x

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
Sorry I edited my response to post the link, as I forgot to mention budget.

Do you have a home built system or a pre-built? (ie. Dell, Gateway, HP). If its a pre-built we may be able to look it up if you have the model of your system.

However the best way to determine your PSU is to open up the case and have a look at it. Give us the make/model of the PSU which should be on the label on it, also tell us how many amps it has on the 12v rail.

dmacle

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: This weekend

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming and HD movie streaming

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: ATI Radeon HD 5450

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: Intel Core i3 CPU, 6.00GBRAM, 64bit OS (Windows 7)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: UK Based (no real preference)

PARTS PREFERENCES: ANY

OVERCLOCKING: SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Don't know what these are...

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1200

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Should run games like Sims 3, Sims City for Kids and stream HD movies/tv for me

dmacle

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
Thanks that's a huge help.

How would I go about removing the old card and installing the new one? Any equipment required?

Kari

Splendid

most likely just a screwdriver to undo the screw holding the back bracket of the card on the case...
edit after that just flip the small plastic latch at the other end of the slot and pull the card out.