Solved

Gtx titan or (gtx 680 + ps4)

guyz previously i had a gtx 690 ........but for some reason the fps isnt good on my pc so i sold it ........................now i need another gpu so here are my options

(i) single GTX TITAN

(ii) GTX 680 lightning & PS4 (console)

i kno u are the best ............

suggest me the solution with good reasons please :bounce:

heres my bench :sol:

cpu: i7 3770k
ram: ripjawsx 16gb ddr3
HDD: seagate 1tb 72000rpm
PSU: tx 850w
GPU: ??
display: AOC 27inch 1920x1080
40 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about titan
  1. i have mobo: asrock extreme 6 z77

    waitin for yo opinion guyz :)
  2. What game were you not getting good performance, and what settings? At that resolution, you really wouldn't see much benefit from a 690, or a Titan for that matter.
  3. Single Gtx Titan for 1000 dollars ?

    Faster than 7970 Ghz, but slower than a Gtx 690 . Why spend 1000 dollars on that card ? Not worth it in my opinion.

    What resolutions are you planning to play on ?

    For the price of a single Titan , you could probably easily get Gtx 670 SLI and go beyond Titan's performances

    And save 400 dollars.
  4. I saw that EVGA 580's are like $315 on Newegg. SLI those and you'll have a beast of a machine and maybe enough for a PS4
  5. I'd say do the ps4 680 combo so you can get great PC performance without missing out on PS exclusive titles.
  6. bystander said:
    What game were you not getting good performance, and what settings? At that resolution, you really wouldn't see much benefit from a 690, or a Titan for that matter.



    in some games like ACIII and saints row the third ...........its using only single gpu out of two................do u have any solution for that ................
  7. geneticallygenius said:
    Single Gtx Titan for 1000 dollars ?

    Faster than 7970 Ghz, but slower than a Gtx 690 . Why spend 1000 dollars on that card ? Not worth it in my opinion.

    What resolutions are you planning to play on ?

    For the price of a single Titan , you could probably easily get Gtx 670 SLI and go beyond Titan's performances

    And save 400 dollars.



    1080p resloution bro i mentioned it above..........bt i heard titan is best single gpu and we can use all benefits of havin single gpu ;)

    is titan worth it then
  8. ittimjones said:
    I saw that EVGA 580's are like $315 on Newegg. SLI those and you'll have a beast of a machine and maybe enough for a PS4



    i searched for 500 series buddy bt in my country i cant find any ...............anyway thnx for advice

    besides i wan2 max out gta V.........what would be enough for this
  9. bystander said:
    What game were you not getting good performance, and what settings? At that resolution, you really wouldn't see much benefit from a 690, or a Titan for that matter.


    m playing at 1080p single monitor ........there it uses only single gpu of gtx 690 i.e. a gtx 680 performance
  10. BigMack70 said:
    If you have to ask if the Titan is worth it, it's not worth it.



    then what would u suggest bro .....................besides i wan2 maxout gta V

    so shall i keep my gtx 690 and search for a fix
  11. You already sold it.
  12. how do you know it's only using one gpu?
  13. and i saw guyz an overclocked TITAN performing equal to a gtx 690
  14. Lol i would not buy either there a rip off.
  15. bigcyco1 said:
    Lol i would not buy either there a rip off.



    but i hear nt many games are compatible with sli config and they uses one of the two available card ...............and more over sli will reduce the life time of the cards .............................

    i don wana take any chances bro besides m not that pro to look after my pc problems and fix them
  16. jcurry23 said:
    how do you know it's only using one gpu?



    1) very low fps
    2) i saw the gpu usage it show gpu1: 80% temp 70
    gpu2: 0% temp 46
  17. BigMack70 said:
    Unless you have a time machine, nobody can tell you what you need to max GTA V. We don't even know for sure it will come to PC yet.


    :D lol

    i was jus askin an assumption buddy
  18. bhanu10 said:
    1080p resloution bro i mentioned it above..........bt i heard titan is best single gpu and we can use all benefits of havin single gpu ;)

    is titan worth it then


    No. Way too overpriced for performance in my opinion.

    Unless you have BMW 5 or 7 series, live in a mansion and annual earnings are a million dollars.

    Pair a Titan in SLI then.


    Otherwise still think Gtx 670 in SLI destroys all competition for the price and you save 400 DOLLARS !

    That's a lot dude.
  19. hizodge said:
    You already sold it.



    i have a customer i can sell it if i wan 2 bt if any fix is there ill think of it bro
  20. Spend $4700 on a quad-sli GTX Titian set up with a 15360x1600 hexa-monitor kit in a gold plated basement. You won't miss life, trust me and my pimped out Lamborghini.
  21. bhanu10 said:
    but i hear nt many games are compatible with sli config and they uses one of the two available card ...............and more over sli will reduce the life time of the cards .............................

    i don wana take any chances bro besides m not that pro to look after my pc problems and fix them
    :lol: who told you sli will reduce life time of the cards?That's not true however it is true some of games are not sli compatibe.
  22. Anonymous said:
    Spend $4700 on a quad-sli GTX Titian set up with a 15360x1600 hexa-monitor kit in a gold plated basement. You won't miss life, trust me and my pimped out Lamborghini.



    whoa maan i don have that much budget ............i just have a budget of buyin a single gtx titan brother

    everyone says titan isnt worth it for its price
  23. guyz now after this discussion i fell into dilemmma again ...................

    shall i keep my gtx 690 or any other option
  24. bhanu10 said:
    guyz now after this discussion i fell into dilemmma again ...................

    shall i keep my gtx 690 or any other option
    WTF!You have a 690 i thought you said you sold it.
  25. geneticallygenius said:
    No. Way too overpriced for performance in my opinion.

    Unless you have BMW 5 or 7 series, live in a mansion and annual earnings are a million dollars.

    Pair a Titan in SLI then.


    Otherwise still think Gtx 670 in SLI destroys all competition for the price and you save 400 DOLLARS !

    That's a lot dude.



    actually to be frank brother ..................m scared of sli coz its delicate it won work even if there is a simple damage with sli finger

    and moreover it makes too much heat .........reduces lifetime of the cards ...................and useless for single card using games

    i came to know all these from youtube and google not soo sure of it
  26. bigcyco1 said:
    WTF!You have a 690 i thought you said you sold it.


    ya bt m at verge of selling it ..................ive got some customers i can sell it on spot bt

    my brain is still under progress to make a decision .........lol
  27. shall i keep my gtx 690 then
  28. If SLI and/or Crossfire doesn't work in a particular game, the only thing that will improve performance is the Titan. That said, there should be a patch to make SLI work for those games that currently aren't working, you may even have them in windowed mode, or fullscreen windowed mode. SLI doesn't work under windowed mode of any kind.
  29. geneticallygenius said:
    No. Way too overpriced for performance in my opinion.

    Unless you have BMW 5 or 7 series, live in a mansion and annual earnings are a million dollars.

    Pair a Titan in SLI then.


    Otherwise still think Gtx 670 in SLI destroys all competition for the price and you save 400 DOLLARS !

    That's a lot dude.


    My family has all those and I still cant fathom dropping a grand on that piece of *** (relatively speaking) gpu
  30. bystander said:
    If SLI and/or Crossfire doesn't work in a particular game, the only thing that will improve performance is the Titan. That said, there should be a patch to make SLI work for those games that currently aren't working, you may even have them in windowed mode, or fullscreen windowed mode. SLI doesn't work under windowed mode of any kind.



    i see u had an sli ;) ...................you facing any problems like utilizing only one of two GPUs.............so u got any fixes or patches that fixes the sli ..........................i found none online :??:
  31. I don't have those two games, but I did hear they had lots of issues in general at release.
  32. bystander said:
    I don't have those two games, but I did hear they had lots of issues in general at release.



    so titan is the option :sol: ............u agree my friend?
  33. Best answer
    bhanu10 said:
    so titan is the option :sol: ............u agree my friend?

    I would take the Titan in an instant if I had the cash for it. It is the highest performing single GPU card, and yet is absolutely silent during gaming, more so than any other comparable option. But if you want to feel good about the Titan over the GTX 690, here it is:

    Quote:
    If the GTX TITAN’s price is exclusively associated with raw frame rates, it seems like NVIDIA may have completely misjudged its positioning somewhere along the line. $1000 for a product that simply strides in the vast open space between the GTX 680 and GTX 690 yet is priced identically to the latter seems absolutely preposterous at first glance. But it isn’t. NVIDIA’s strategy here is spot-on and there are two reason for that: frame times and consistency."

    "When it comes to a consistent gameplay experience, the TITAN is head, shoulders and knees above its compatriots. The low standard deviation shown between frame times is a fraction of what other solutions offer, which in turn leads to significantly smoother onscreen performance. For example, the GTX 690 exhibits many of the issues normally associated with dual GPU cards like minor stuttering and outright frame hesitation, a situation the TITAN deftly avoids by virtue of being a single core solution. Gamers won’t have to wait for the latest SLI profile for optimal new game support either. So while the GTX 690 may outclass the TITAN in terms of raw framerate production, the GK110 clearly holds the edge this key area."
    http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/59785-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-6gb-performance-review-19.html
  34. bhanu10 said:
    so titan is the option :sol: ............u agree my friend?

    It'll do better in the few exceptions when SLI doesn't work. That's not going to be often, but in this particular game, it would do better, at least until drivers are improved.
  35. Even with half a 690 you should have played saints row the 3rd high settings without a sweat.could be another issue.
  36. Anonymous said:
    Even with half a 690 you should have played saints row the 3rd high settings without a sweat.could be another issue.



    ya bt its not only about that game bro ........................buyin a dual GPU for $1000 and using only one of two .....................do u think its worth it :??:
  37. guyz i have made a complete research ......................gtx titan is more eligble than a gtx 690 ................coz 690 fad lots of issues

    where a titan is single gpu consistant performance with every game ..............and clock speed is low but nvidia says with proper fan controls and cooling equipment , u can overclock it like hell ........

    good news is that i conviced my mom for extra $500 for a ps4 ..........


    i feel like luckiest person on earth .................anyway thanx for yo assistance guyz

    see ya on next issue
  38. 17seconds said:
    I would take the Titan in an instant if I had the cash for it. It is the highest performing single GPU card, and yet is absolutely silent during gaming, more so than any other comparable option. But if you want to feel good about the Titan over the GTX 690, here it is:

    Quote:
    If the GTX TITAN’s price is exclusively associated with raw frame rates, it seems like NVIDIA may have completely misjudged its positioning somewhere along the line. $1000 for a product that simply strides in the vast open space between the GTX 680 and GTX 690 yet is priced identically to the latter seems absolutely preposterous at first glance. But it isn’t. NVIDIA’s strategy here is spot-on and there are two reason for that: frame times and consistency."
    http://images.hardwarecanucks.com/image//skymtl/GPU/GTX-TITAN/GTX-TITAN-92.jpg
    "When it comes to a consistent gameplay experience, the TITAN is head, shoulders and knees above its compatriots. The low standard deviation shown between frame times is a fraction of what other solutions offer, which in turn leads to significantly smoother onscreen performance. For example, the GTX 690 exhibits many of the issues normally associated with dual GPU cards like minor stuttering and outright frame hesitation, a situation the TITAN deftly avoids by virtue of being a single core solution. Gamers won’t have to wait for the latest SLI profile for optimal new game support either. So while the GTX 690 may outclass the TITAN in terms of raw framerate production, the GK110 clearly holds the edge this key area."
    http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/59785-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-6gb-performance-review-19.html


    ya titan is great my friend ...............bt the clock speed is annoying me its too low
  39. bhanu10 said:
    ya titan is great my friend ...............bt the clock speed is annoying me its too low

    Have you heard of this thing called overclocking? Check it out! :D
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_titan_overclock_guide,1.html
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_Titan/33.html

  40. Theres just noway to justify a titans price tage.go with a 7970 ghz edition and call it a day..
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx GPUs Titan Graphics