Deleted Intel Graphics 4000 driver and there's cursor on black screen

I deleted intel graphics 4000 driver on my HP Pavilion DV7 to solve an issue I had with COM surrogate error. I was thinking I would reboot it which would get rid of the error. When I reboot and try to go into safe mode (or any other mode) the screen stays black with my mouse arrow on the screen. Is there a way to reinstall Intel HD Graphics 4000 from the reboot
9 answers Last reply
More about deleted intel graphics 4000 driver there cursor black screen
  1. Hmm, I'm not sure if your screen is black and you aren't able to access windows without it being pure black you may have to reformat or you could also pick of a budget graphics card.
  2. bigshootr8 said:
    Hmm, I'm not sure if your screen is black and you aren't able to access windows without it being pure black you may have to reformat or you could also pick of a budget graphics card.

I figure that the graphics card is still in the computer it just needs to be updated. I started "Windows normally" and once I get the black screen with the cursor I could hit left shift 5 times and brings up the sticky keys prompt. So it's not that my os is deleted, I just can't seem to bring up the Windows Background. F4 also works and shows my display options.
  3. I suppose if you could control alt delete open a new task. Get your web browser open and download/install the onboard videos driver you would be in business.
  4. bigshootr8 said:
    I suppose if you could control alt delete open a new task. Get your web browser open and download/install the onboard videos driver you would be in business.

Tried the CTRL + ALT + DELETE and that doesn't bring anything up either

Do you know if there's a way to get into the control prompt without going through the Safe Mode Page
    Grab a driver file from an SD card that I saved from a different computer
    Access the file through control prompt
    and boot it from there.

....Or is that too complicated.
  5. If it come with a recover disk you can try booting up with that. If not amd you have the O/S disk you could booting up the that and do a repair.
  6. Ah, that is another way you could go with startup repair certainly!
  7. Thanks for you time.

I'm trying to get a hold of my copy of Windows 7 when I purchased it a couple years ago and see if that will work. I'm hoping to just reboot the os and save my files.

Thanks
  8. If the computer you have has a burner you can always burn the copy of windows install cd onto something like a cd/flash drive.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/248995/how_to_install_windows_7_without_the_disc.html
  9. Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Intel Graphics